1. Configuring DHCP Server: Windows NT 4.0 Server - Windows 2000 Professional workstation
I am having some difficulties in getting a DHCP client to access the
Internet. Currently, all the PCs in the LAN are using static IP
addresses and I want to gradually change all the client PCs from a
static IP to a dynamic IP.
I went through the necessary steps in adding and configuring the
Windows NT 4.0 server to provide the DHCP service which included
giving a pool valid IP addresses and a subnet mask in the Scope
Properties and then activating the scope. The Windows NT 4.0 server
is also running WINS, Workstation, Simple TCP/IP Services, plus other
services as well. Also this server is able to surf the Internet fine
and communicate to other devices on the LAN and has its own static IP
Next I configured the Windows 2000 Professional client PC by changing
the settings in the Local Area Connection which involves changing the
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties to OBTAIN AN IP ADDRESS
AUTOMATICALLY and OBTAIN DNS SERVER SETTINGS AUTOMATICALLY.
After doing this, I check to see if I was able to communicate to the
LAN devices by using the PING command and the communication was
successful. But once I try to access the Internet with Internet
Explorer, Opera or Mozilla, I am not able to gain access to the
I check the server to view ACTIVE LEASES and saw the client IP address
and client computer name. The server definitely gave the client PC an
IP address. I also did a ipconfig and ipconfig /all to check the
client PC settings.
DHCP Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
IP Adress: 192.x.x.x
Subnet Mask: 255.x.x.x
DHCP Server: 192.x.x.x
Primary WINS Server: 192.x.x.x
Lease obtained: Tuesday, November 12, 2002
Lease expires: Friday, November 15, 2002
The Default Gateway field was blank and the DNS Servers field was
blank in the information above.
I also went into the server into the DHCP OPTIONS and added 003 Router
and 006 DNS Servers. (I am not too familiar with DHCP OPTIONS. Do I
need to configure these options?)
I was still unable to surf the Internet on the client PC.
If someone knows of way to properly configure DHCP, please let me
know. Right now I am back to the static IP address.
2. WS_VSCROLL in a rich edit control
3. Windows 2000 DHCP client with ISC DHCP server
4. "Object doesn't support this property or method: 'MsTsc.Server'"
5. xp client cannot find printers on windows 2000 server
6. IE 6 erroring out or failing to open
7. DHCP Win 2000 client with ISC DHCP server
8. Another Bug in MS Internet Explorer 3.02?
9. Which version of Windows Media Server will work on Windows Server 2000?
10. Use Windows 2003 server as a Windows 2000 server
11. Update Windows 2000 Server englisch auf Windows 2003 Server deutsch
12. windows 2000 licensing server and windows 2003 terminal server
13. Problems with Windows 2000 DHCP server Leases.