Explorer Settings

Post by Sleep » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to keep my settings from changing in explorer?
I set my window to view file details and expand the details width to
be able to view the entire file name, size, date etc. and the next
time I view a folder I have to do it all over again. Also I set the
view for files by name and it keeps changing from ascending order to
descending order for no reason. When I change the view a couple of
times and go back to names it puts them back in ascending order. How
do I keep these settings from changing ? I can find nothing on this in
the help.

Thanks
Malcolm
Remove NOSPAM from E-Mail address

Explorer Settings

Post by J.. » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>Can anyone tell me how to keep my settings from changing in explorer?
>I set my window to view file details and expand the details width to
>be able to view the entire file name, size, date etc. and the next
>time I view a folder I have to do it all over again. Also I set the
>view for files by name and it keeps changing from ascending order to
>descending order for no reason. When I change the view a couple of
>times and go back to names it puts them back in ascending order. How
>do I keep these settings from changing ? I can find nothing on this in
>the help.

Sorry for the semi-lame reply, but I came across the answer to this
about a week ago and I can't remember the solution at 4 in the morning
(I had a different explorer problem).  What I do remember is that I
found it after entering the following search on AltaVista (or maybe
HotBot):

+"windows explorer" +"command line" +undocumented

If no one gives a better reply, you should be able to find your answer
there (btw the solution did not involve a command line fix).

Regards,

Jon

1. Setting Windows Explorer Settings Remotely

Does anyone know of a way to change the settings on the OPTIONS | VIEW tab
in Windows Explorer without logging in locally?

The defaults for these options suck, and I need to deploy changes for over
500 users.

--

 Andrew S. Baker

===================================
 The ".nojunk" is an anti-spam deterrent.
 Please remove to send email successfully.
===================================

2. multipart/mixed with IE

3. Any chance of saving internet explorer settings for further installations?

4. kann mir jemand eine adresse im www geben wo ich ein hadbuch von dem

5. internet explorer setting will not run

6. help...problem installing additional hard disk

7. same explorer settings on different partitions

8. Microsoft XP acknowledged bug fix??

9. Resetting all explorer settings

10. Windows doesn't remember Explorer settings

11. Outlook changed explorer settings

12. Internet Explorer settings locked

13. Internet explorer setting Download problem