need hellp w win 98 display drivers

Post by bren » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:19:50

I use win 98 and have lost the disk. I accidently removed my display
driver and need the CD to reinstall the hardware. I have downloaded
the driver, but am unable to get windows to proceed with the
installation without the disk. does anyone know where I can get the
disk cheap (it retails for around $40, which is more than my pc is
worth)or how I can proceed without the disk? Thanks

need hellp w win 98 display drivers

Post by Juan Jesu » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:38:30

hi Brent:

most of the times would be posible for you to install vga drivers in win98
clicking right button on the desk / propierties / configuration / advanced /
adapter / change

then go to look for driver in an especific ubication option
use disk
you must indicate the path of the driver you have downloaded, eg:
c:\ati
even is posible you must indicate  in the path the name of your inf file
driver .

I hope this could help you anyway.
John
Spain

Quote:> I use win 98 and have lost the disk. I accidently removed my display

Post by Raj Bambr » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:27:53

> I use win 98 and have lost the disk. I accidently removed my display
> driver and need the CD to reinstall the hardware. I have downloaded
> the driver, but am unable to get windows to proceed with the
> installation without the disk. does anyone know where I can get the
> disk cheap (it retails for around $40, which is more than my pc is
> worth)or how I can proceed without the disk? Thanks

Have you tried good old c:\windows\options\cabs directory?

Raj

1. Help needed with Win Xp Pro and Win 98 Network

Hi there,

Thanks for reading this message and trying to help me out :-).

I have the following problem. I run 2 machines.
Nr1 with 2 NIC cards and XP pro, with one card hooked up to my ADSL
ant the other card to my Level One 4 port Hub. Nr2 with one NIC hooked
up the my Hub and Win 98.

Nr1 is hooked up to the hub with a cross over cable and Nr2 with a
normal cable. Both have the same login  and passwords.

I ran the Network Wizard first on Nr1 and then with a diskette on Nr2.

My results are following, in the beginingeverything works just fine. I
can acess internet with both and they can communicate with eachother
in both directions. But after a while (20 mins up to 1 hour) they just
loose the connection between each other. Though Internet works just
fine from both of the machines. If i run the wizard again everything
starts to work, but after a short while the problems start all over
again. On my XP machine i can still "see" the other machine but when i
click on a disk i get the message "this network place is not
available". The same occur at the Win 98 machine.

I will be very greatful for any guidence to solve my problem as im
quite new to this "Networking World"

Thanks a lot in advance

Miguel
Islas Canarias

2. Missing library file

3. using win 95 or 98 drivers under win xp

4. Hi I'm looking for any kind of program or animation running under win95

5. win 98 ------ crack to install on win 98

6. My status cannot be changed

7. Win 98 to Win 98 Network - doesn't work

8. Identities and Address Book - why no longer separate?

9. win nt better than win 98/98

10. Dual-boot Win 98 & Win 98 Japanese

11. New Laptop has xp, I need 98, but can't set video display with it.

12. Display drivers for AMD K6 running win95/98

13. difference between win 98, win 2000 win nt and win xp