Wuauboot, wuauclt, Icsmgr

Post by Jack Stro » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:41:11

Hi. What are these? At various times while the computer is idle, a note
pops up saying that there was an error and either one of these will now
close. What is causing this and how can I fix it? I have run Norton
Utilities  to no avail. Thanks.

Wuauboot, wuauclt, Icsmgr

Post by Ron Martel » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:49:29

>Hi. What are these? At various times while the computer is idle, a note
>pops up saying that there was an error and either one of these will now
>close. What is causing this and how can I fix it? I have run Norton
>Utilities  to no avail. Thanks.

Wuauboot.exe is part of the automatic update component in Windows Me,
as is wuauclt.

Icsmgr.exe is part of Internet Connection Sharing.

Hope this is the information you were looking for.

If you want assistance with resolving the errors themselves, press
Alt+D while the error message is on the screen to bring up the
detailed error message.   Copy the first part of this message, up to
the word Registers, and post it back here.

Good luck.

Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Wuauboot, wuauclt, Icsmgr

Post by Jack Stro » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 23:23:17

> >Hi. What are these? At various times while the computer is idle, a note
> >pops up saying that there was an error and either one of these will now
> >close. What is causing this and how can I fix it? I have run Norton
> >Utilities  to no avail. Thanks.

> Wuauboot.exe is part of the automatic update component in Windows Me,
> as is wuauclt.

> Icsmgr.exe is part of Internet Connection Sharing.

> Hope this is the information you were looking for.

> If you want assistance with resolving the errors themselves, press
> Alt+D while the error message is on the screen to bring up the
> detailed error message.   Copy the first part of this message, up to
> the word Registers, and post it back here.

> Good luck.

> Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada

Thanks.

Wuauboot, wuauclt, Icsmgr

Post by Jon » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 02:44:26

I had this problem after first upgrading, i fixed it by following
instuctions at the Microsoft Knowledge Base, Article Q266065.

Hope this helps.

Jon.

Wuauboot, wuauclt, Icsmgr

Post by Jack Stro » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:46:37

> I had this problem after first upgrading, i fixed it by following
> instuctions at the Microsoft Knowledge Base, Article Q266065.

> Hope this helps.

> Jon.

I'm new to Windows. WHere do I find this? Thanks.

Wuauboot, wuauclt, Icsmgr

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q266/0/65.asp

Post by Jack Stro » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:07:28

> >> I had this problem after first upgrading, i fixed it by following
> >> instuctions at the Microsoft Knowledge Base, Article Q266065.

> >> Hope this helps.

> >> Jon.

> >I'm new to Windows. WHere do I find this? Thanks.

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q266/0/65.asp

> Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada

Thanks.

1. wuauboot error message - WUAUBOOT.exe has caused an error in <unknown>

I and quite a few others are experiencing the problem
with WUAUBOOT.EXE of delivering the error message that
"WUAUBOOT.EXE has caused an error in <unknown>. WUAUBOOT
will now close". This is not only in Windows ME but also
Win2K and I've seen it reported occurring in Windows XP.
Microsoft, are you aware of this problem? Is there a way
to cure this other than shutting off Windows Automatic
Update?
  On my system this started occurring right after
installation of the last Automatic Update update.
 There are quite a number of newsgroup entries on this.
Can we get this fixed? Please?

2. .MID file transfer with WIN-ver 1.4c

3. icsmgr

4. Some problem on NTFS volume

5. icsmgr fault

6. Windows Hangs after Memory Upgrade...

7. WinMe ICSMGR error msg on shutdown..

8. xp home on domain

9. icsmgr error

10. Icsmgr error