Timing out?

Post by Jyot » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 00:17:48

Hi,
    Does anyone know how I can turn off the feature so my connection doesn't
automatically disconnect me after 20 minutes.  The option used to available
with previous versions of msn internet access, but's its been greyed out
with version 5.4.  There was a patch or something to fix this or work around
it.  Does anyone know of it.  If so, please help.  Thanks

--jyoti

Timing out?

Post by Koldbea » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 01:47:40

Disabling Timeout:

For MSN5.?
When Dial-up connection pops up
Click Properties/Options
Change the "Idle time before disconnecting"
to "Never" or to what time you choose.

For MSN6.?
****Warning Backup your Registry before Editing**********

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\MSN Explorer]
"DisconnectIdleTime"=dword:0000000A

To stop Idle disconnect:
START/Run/regedit
goto the above key
Right-click "DisconnectIdleTime"
Click Modify/Decimal
Change 20 to 0 ( to never disconnect).

--
8O)
Koldbear

> Hi,
>     Does anyone know how I can turn off the feature so my connection doesn't
> automatically disconnect me after 20 minutes.  The option used to available
> with previous versions of msn internet access, but's its been greyed out
> with version 5.4.  There was a patch or something to fix this or work around
> it.  Does anyone know of it.  If so, please help.  Thanks

> --jyoti

Timing out?

Post by Jyot » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:26:09

Hi,
    I tried that.  It already has zeros

Disabling Timeout:

For MSN5.?
When Dial-up connection pops up
Click Properties/Options
Change the "Idle time before disconnecting"
to "Never" or to what time you choose.

For MSN6.?
****Warning Backup your Registry before Editing**********

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\MSN Explorer]
"DisconnectIdleTime"=dword:0000000A

To stop Idle disconnect:
START/Run/regedit
goto the above key
Right-click "DisconnectIdleTime"
Click Modify/Decimal
Change 20 to 0 ( to never disconnect).

--
8O)
Koldbear
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

Quote:> Hi,
>     Does anyone know how I can turn off the feature so my connection
doesn't
> automatically disconnect me after 20 minutes.  The option used to
available
> with previous versions of msn internet access, but's its been greyed out
> with version 5.4.  There was a patch or something to fix this or work
around
> it.  Does anyone know of it.  If so, please help.  Thanks

> --jyoti

Timing out?

Post by Koldbea » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:48:35

Try creating a second Dial-up connection.
1. Click START/Settings/Dial-up Networking
2. Double-click "Make New Connection"
3. Type in a name, such as "MSN" (As long as it's not the same name as the other one).
4. Click Next
5. Type in the phone number you use to access your ISP (make such the area and region codes are correct).
6. Click Next/Finish
7. Double-click on your new connection.
8.  Type in ...    MSN/username  ...where username is your MSN member ID.
9.  Type in your Password  and click save (If you want to).
10. Click Properties/Dialing
11. Uncheck "Enable Idle Disconnect"
12. Click OK and Connect (If you wish to).

> Hi,
>     I tried that.  It already has zeros

> Disabling Timeout:

> For MSN5.?
> When Dial-up connection pops up
> Click Properties/Options
> Change the "Idle time before disconnecting"
> to "Never" or to what time you choose.

> For MSN6.?
> ****Warning Backup your Registry before Editing**********

> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\MSN Explorer]
> "DisconnectIdleTime"=dword:0000000A

> To stop Idle disconnect:
> START/Run/regedit
> goto the above key
> Right-click "DisconnectIdleTime"
> Click Modify/Decimal
> Change 20 to 0 ( to never disconnect).

> --
> 8O)
> Koldbear
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

> > Hi,
> >     Does anyone know how I can turn off the feature so my connection
> doesn't
> > automatically disconnect me after 20 minutes.  The option used to
> available
> > with previous versions of msn internet access, but's its been greyed out
> > with version 5.4.  There was a patch or something to fix this or work
> around
> > it.  Does anyone know of it.  If so, please help.  Thanks

> > --jyoti

Timing out?

Post by Jyot » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:06:48

Well,
    I have created a dial up connection from dial-up networking.  And it's
fine there.  I can disable the feature there.  But wht bout the msn internet
connection, that was created by the internet conncetion wizard.  I don't
have to use that.  But it would be nice to know if there is a way to disable
it from there.  thanks for you help for the others threads....

Timing out?

Post by Koldbea » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:34:23

The only thing I can said,
is to check the area of the registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\
You should only see 2
1. MSN Explorer
2. The one you created.
If you by any chance see another setting, try it.

I have seen this happen before,
but mainly to the people who are on a 3 months trial period.
And if that is so, then the Server is disconnecting you.
AOL use to be bad about it.
They did it to everyone, till a lot of people raise hell.
If you are not on a trial period, then call them and raise a little hell.

Good Luck

--
8O)
Koldbear
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

> Well,
>     I have created a dial up connection from dial-up networking.  And it's
> fine there.  I can disable the feature there.  But wht bout the msn internet
> connection, that was created by the internet conncetion wizard.  I don't
> have to use that.  But it would be nice to know if there is a way to disable
> it from there.  thanks for you help for the others threads....

Timing out?

Post by Jyot » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:38:19

No such luck.  There is another setting, but all it has is this
    (Default)    (value not set)
    AutodialDllName    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSNIA\CustDial.dll"
    AutodialFcnName    "CustomDial"
    IP
    User    "MSN/staravenger"

And I'm not on a trial memebership too.  Well if you have anymore info, plz
do post.  And in the mean time I shall try calling and asking too... thanks

Timing out?

Post by Koldbea » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:18:14

I think the only recourse you have is to bug MSN.

--
8O)
Koldbear
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

> No such luck.  There is another setting, but all it has is this
>     (Default)    (value not set)
>     AutodialDllName    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSNIA\CustDial.dll"
>     AutodialFcnName    "CustomDial"
>     IP
>     User    "MSN/staravenger"

> And I'm not on a trial memebership too.  Well if you have anymore info, plz
> do post.  And in the mean time I shall try calling and asking too... thanks

1. time outs get screwed up during digital video

Hi all,
  I used to use the lastRoll function to perform time outs (i.e. the
user is assumed to be no longer using the software, so a "screen-saver"
type screen can come up). Then I discovered that using time-outs as
global handlers is a far easier way of doing it.
  At the beginning of the movie I set "the timeOutLength = 3600". This
works fine, but the only problem is that when I have an .avi playing on
the stage, mouse movements don't seem to reset the "timeOutLapsed"
property back to zero. Is this a director bug, or should I (for those
bits with digital video) use the lastRoll function.

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I'm using a: P133, 64Mb ram, 1.5Gb
free HDD, SIS video card (yuk!).

Al.

 Orewa, Auckland                                            </'
 NEW ZEALAND                                               /)
 Web: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~allistar/              (/`
----------------------------------------------------------`------

2. Samsung YP-NEU

3. Session Time-outs