Try creating a second Dial-up connection.
1. Click START/Settings/Dial-up Networking
2. Double-click "Make New Connection"
3. Type in a name, such as "MSN" (As long as it's not the same name as the other one).
4. Click Next
5. Type in the phone number you use to access your ISP (make such the area and region codes are correct).
6. Click Next/Finish
7. Double-click on your new connection.
8. Type in ... MSN/username ...where username is your MSN member ID.
9. Type in your Password and click save (If you want to).
10. Click Properties/Dialing
11. Uncheck "Enable Idle Disconnect"
12. Click OK and Connect (If you wish to).
> I tried that. It already has zeros
> Disabling Timeout:
> For MSN5.?
> When Dial-up connection pops up
> Click Properties/Options
> Change the "Idle time before disconnecting"
> to "Never" or to what time you choose.
> For MSN6.?
> ****Warning Backup your Registry before Editing**********
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\MSN Explorer]
> To stop Idle disconnect:
> goto the above key
> Right-click "DisconnectIdleTime"
> Click Modify/Decimal
> Change 20 to 0 ( to never disconnect).
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
> > Hi,
> > Does anyone know how I can turn off the feature so my connection
> > automatically disconnect me after 20 minutes. The option used to
> > with previous versions of msn internet access, but's its been greyed out
> > with version 5.4. There was a patch or something to fix this or work
> > it. Does anyone know of it. If so, please help. Thanks
> > --jyoti