WH_Shell, NTVDM, 16bit App, non-based window App...

WH_Shell, NTVDM, 16bit App, non-based window App...

Post by ±è?oà » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi all!

I'm write a program to supervise all window application

like Task Manager in NT with hooking the message

WH_SHELL(HSHELL_WINDOWCREATED).

But, I have two problems.

1. 16bit application in NT

* first 16bit program run on a NT machine
 => HSHELL_WINDOWACTIVATED message occurs. (made by ntvdm.exe)

* second 16bit program run on a NT machine
 => No message occurs.

2. non-based window application.

How can I detect a 16bit(or none based window) application

start and finish?

Any your advice would be my big pleasure.

sekim.

1. Interface between 16Bit DOS or 32Bit Console App and Win GUI app under Windows NT

I would like to find out if anyone of you out there can give me
suggestions on the following application based on Windows NT and DOS
platform.

The application that I have in mind is as follows:

1. A Windows GUI application is running in Windows NT OS.

2. From the Windows application program, it spawns a 16 bit DOS or
Win32 Console process so that the DOS/Console application can be executed.

3. Once the 16 bit DOS or 32 bit Console application is started, there
is a need for some sort of communication taken place with the GUI
application and the dos/console app. The communication can be done by
using a locked shared memory in the NT OS so that both the DOS app and the
Win app can read and write the data in the memory area.

4. At the end of the Win app, the DOS app is required to be closed as
well.

Now the questions are:

1. Is the above application requirement possible to be done
under Windows NT?

2. Is there any functions in MSVC++ that will allow me to start a
DOS/Console application?

3. Is it possible to use shared memory method to communicate between the
16 bit DOS or 32 bit console app and Win GUI app?

Please see if anyone can direct me to the right path to develop such an
application.

The key to this new application is that I would like to use the
Win GUI as a front end for a system control simulator in which the actual
controller software is a 16 bit DOS/32 bit console application.

Please send me an email if anyone of you can help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
David Chui

2. .asf file re-format

3. ntvdm uses the whole CPU time, cannot start 16bit apps

4. help no longer works

5. Problem with 16bit Apps and NTVDM

6. Random restarts

7. Problems including a lib in a SDI app that works perfectly in a dialog based app

8. Problèmes de débit sur disk durs Win 98 sr2....

9. Non-active windows (was Non-foreground app)

10. Dialog Based CE App (non MFC)

11. Non-US ClassWizard Bug (was ClassWiz won't add member variables to dialog based app)

12. running 16bit dos apps in Windows XP

13. No Child windows in 16Bit App