FTP configuration: enabling the Passive (PASV) mode

FTP configuration: enabling the Passive (PASV) mode

Post by Dougl » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 01:51:01

I'm trying to get ftp to work with ZoneAlarm (firewall) enabled. The
instructions for doing this include the following:

"FTP programs require local server rights. The configuration needs to
have Passive or PASV mode enabled, which tells the client to use the
same port for communication in both directions. Enable that option in
your FTP program."

Anybody know the command to do this? I'm using ftp version 5.00.1553.1

Thank you,
Douglas