Help wanted !!

Post by Kee » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 19:06:15

Hello All!

Your help is very much wanted.
I am not a rooky at Windows, to give you an idea.

This problem is at my home; config is
2 machines with Windws 98 SE on it.
They are connected through a Ethernet crossed cable, using the NETBEUI
protocol (and only that)

Two machine P3 800 and a P233 (Pentium I)

The P233 is having problems:
There are 2 instances of W98SE on it; one version (on the C-disk) has
fewer programs (i use that for 'serious' stuff) has NO problems
The other one (on G-disk) is the one with Internet connection and
other programs.
The P3 800 is the 'master' for the Internet etc (dialup ISDN)

The problems :

at first it started up windows and after playing the welcome sound it
crashed with a "Explorer caused an exception C0000006h in KERNEL32.DLL
...."

I checked everything 'in the book' to resolve that one.
After a new SP2 for IE 5.5. it was cured (sometimes it occurs though)

But now the problem is:

It starts up allright now, BUT:
Whatever i try to start now, it delays for about 3-4 seconds and than
it starts.
If it's contol panel or an application, the same behaviour!

And I am sure it delays for that 3-4 seconds, because there is no
activity at all (no disk, nothing). After that delay the processing
starts.
So it looks like it is timing something out or so....

So now the question: HELP ! :-)

Please, your input is very welcome and much appreciated.

I hope my English is clear enough.

Cheers,

Kees (The Netherlands)

email: kees-at-stuurt . nl

1. Help Wanted: Dialog-based application help

I'm trying to build a dialog-based application (as opposed to an SDI or MDI
app) and am looking for a solid resource for help, either online or in a
book.  I have used Ivor Horton's Visual C++ 6.0 book for a while now, but it
doesn't offer much help here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

PS.. Please reply via email if possible.

2. boot disk

3. Help wanted on video capture cards.

4. Memory Issues

5. Help Wanted - Instructional Designer / Technical Writer / ToolBook Programmer

6. OE6- always use default dailup connection not obeyed

7. Help wanted with exporting playlists

8. Urgent! Can't reboot after Updating Region and Language Setting

9. HELP WANTED: SALES (Buffalo multimedia)

10. Help Wanted - Syd Australia - Proj Mgr

11. <--- CD-ROM HELP WANTED --->

12. Help wanted

13. Help wanted with CD-rom