cd autostart

Post by Dave Slome » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:07:07

At one time, if I put a music CD in my PC (Win95a), it would start playing
immediately. I remember turning off that option, but don't remember how and
can't find any way to turn it back on.

Any help?

Thanks,
Dave Slomer

cd autostart

Post by RFJACOBS » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:36:57

Open device manager, expand cd-rom, select the drive, click properties, click
th esettings tab, make sure auto insert notification is checked, click OK & OK
again, allow PC to reboot. Presto.

.
  Ralph
.      __ o
. _   | \_
.(_)/ \ (_)

cd autostart

Post by Dave Slome » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:12:52

Quote:> Open device manager, expand cd-rom, select the drive, click properties,
click
> th esettings tab, make sure auto insert notification is checked, click OK
& OK
> again, allow PC to reboot. Presto.
>   Ralph

I had already done this, to no avail. But someone else suggested TweakUI
Paranoid (Power toy) and this DID work, but I don't know why auto insert
notify didn't work by itself.

Thanks, though.
Dave Slomer

1. CD AutoStart

Folks:

I recently burned a bunch of software application files into a blank CD.  I
have also designed an HTML page containing links to run each of these files.

How can I make my CD AUTO-START so that when this CD is placed in the CD ROM
Drive, the HTML page comes up automatically with the various options to
select from.

Thanks,
John.

2. XP/Pro Outlook Express - multi-users