How are the NT4 drivers for the Diamond Stealth 3D?

How are the NT4 drivers for the Diamond Stealth 3D?

Post by Bill the » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm quite disappointed with the latest crop of Tseng/Hercules drivers for NT4-
The image "shreds" even when doing something mundane like relocating
a window/task manager and I feel there's way too much CPU overhead happening on
graphics intesive tasks-- so I'm looking at the Diamond Stealth 3D cards as a
possible upgrade.

Comments regarding the performance of the Diamond cards under NT 4 would be
appreciated.. and I don't want to overlook the offerings by Matrox and others,
so suggestions are welcome from anyone who is pleased with their cards
performance in NT4 regardless of brand.

I don't care to hear about other graphics cards that have the shortcomings I
described above...

-BK
Denver
remove z and etc.

How are the NT4 drivers for the Diamond Stealth 3D?

Post by Randall Mas » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

We have used the DS 3D 2000 cards for about a year now with no issues
yet. Just make sure you use the Microsoft NT drivers only or I can
tell you about some cool issues !

Quote:

>I'm quite disappointed with the latest crop of Tseng/Hercules drivers for NT4-
>The image "shreds" even when doing something mundane like relocating
>a window/task manager and I feel there's way too much CPU overhead happening on
>graphics intesive tasks-- so I'm looking at the Diamond Stealth 3D cards as a
>possible upgrade.

>Comments regarding the performance of the Diamond cards under NT 4 would be
>appreciated.. and I don't want to overlook the offerings by Matrox and others,
>so suggestions are welcome from anyone who is pleased with their cards
>performance in NT4 regardless of brand.

>I don't care to hear about other graphics cards that have the shortcomings I
>described above...

>-BK
>Denver
>remove z and etc.

1. Diamond Stealth 3D and Windows NT4.0b2 - _any_ drivers?

: I have a new Pentium Pro system that I mistakenly put a Diamond Stealth
: 3D(2Meg) in, hoping that I would be able to get decent 3D graphics under
: NT4.0 - and of course, Diamond don't have drivers for NT4.0 yet....  This
: means I have to run Win95 to get decent resolution, and of course who wants
: to run Win95 on a Pentium Pro system anyway?

: Has anyone out there had any success in getting the Diamond Stealth 3D to
: work with _any_ Diamond compatible display drivers under NT4.0?  Not that
: I'm trying to get the 3D acceleration part of it functioning (yet), but I'd
: like to at least be able to run NT4.0 on this machine with some semblance
: of decent screen resolution - so if there's a driver out there that'd give
: me 1024x768 un-3d-accelerated, please send me some e-mail and let me
: know...

I too am experiencing this problem.  I think I've found a solution though.

I'M BUYING A MATROX MILLENIUM!!!

Diamond can take their card and "put it where the sun don't shine".

Bye bye diamone, hello Matrox

-Scott

2. maximize window vertically?

3. Enhanced Drivers and New Configs for Diamond Stealth 3D 2000.

4. Tap and Hold on List Control

5. New Diamond Stealth 3D Windows NT 4.0 drivers.

6. Folder Background

7. Enhanced Drivers and New Configs for Diamond Stealth 3D 2000.

8. Customizing SIP Keyboard

9. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000----mpeg?

10. Diamond Stealth 3D 3000XL

11. Diamond Stealth 3D 3000 problem

12. mplayer.exe and DIAMOND Stealth 3D video card

13. Diamond Stealth 3D 3000XL