NT4-WS: parallel use of SCSI and IDE-Disks

NT4-WS: parallel use of SCSI and IDE-Disks

Post by Gerhard Hochholze » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,
we have a problem with a PC containing a SCSI and a IDE-Disk.
NT4 boot's from the SCSI-Disk, but the IDE-Disk will not be recognized
from the
System.
Any solutions?
Regards, Gerhard.
--
-----
ISW     Institute of Control for Machine Tools and Manufacturing

ISW
      ISW     phone ++49 711/121-2345, fax ++49 711/121-2413         ISW

Post by Tom ONei » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,
> we have a problem with a PC containing a SCSI and a IDE-Disk.
> NT4 boot's from the SCSI-Disk, but the IDE-Disk will not be recognized
> from the
> System.
> Any solutions?
> Regards, Gerhard.
> --
> -----
> ISW     Institute of Control for Machine Tools and Manufacturing
> Units     ISW
>   ISW     University of Stuttgart, Germany
> ISW

> ISW
>       ISW     phone ++49 711/121-2345, fax ++49 711/121-2413         ISW

 My understanding and expierience is that if you boot from SCSI, the IDE
disks won't come up.
 As it was explained to me, "because thats the way it is."
--
                             Thomas J. O'Neil
                         Unix Systems Administrator

        A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist." And the Universe replied,
        "And that, Sir, does not create a sense of obligation within me."

NT4-WS: parallel use of SCSI and IDE-Disks

Post by Mike S » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Gerhard,
If you have not done so already, set the Initialization Timeout in the BIOS
setup to 5 second on the IDE drive.   I had that problem with two IDE
drives under Win95 and was solved by increasing the timeout on the 2nd
disk.  That might work.  Good Luck.
--
Mike S.
Optimal Systems Corp.

Quote:> Hi all,
> we have a problem with a PC containing a SCSI and a IDE-Disk.
> NT4 boot's from the SCSI-Disk, but the IDE-Disk will not be recognized

..

1. SCSI/IDE and NT WS/server

Hello,

I want to build a small LAN (around 10 users, little file and print share,
remote acces) and I found every salesperson had a different stoty about
SCSI/IDE and NT WS/SVR
Who can give me a normal answer?

First:
The computer who will be server must it be SCSI equiped or IDE, does it
matter anyway. file acces over the network will be little. Is SCSI build to
be powered on 24/7 and IDE not or... ? is SCSI MTBF better as with IDE ?

Second:
Can NT WS be a server in this small LAN, what are the contraints in
comparison to the server version. Can 10 users be logged on  NT WS at the
same time. I know there is only one RAS available at the time .
I don't need ms proxy, IIs etc.etc. why should i buy Nt server istead of NT
WS ( price is almost triple)

thanks

RL

2. file size

3. PROBLEM w/IDE BUSMASTER drivers NT4 WS

4. Media Center - UK

5. IOMEGA SCSI ZIP Crashes under NT4 ws...m

6. JPG's distorted on web pages

7. How to add second IDE hard disk to NT WS

8. Recurring Fatal Exception

9. Disk performance/OS performance using multiple scsi disks under NT 4.0

10. Troubles with SCSI CD-Recorder and SCSI Hard Disk on the same SCSI Adapter

11. Transfer system from IDE to SCSI disk?

12. IDE HD Using SCSI/RAID controllers Device

13. SCSI vs IDE with IDE Hard Drive???