Unable to join Windows NT 4.0 Server BDC to Windows Server 2003

Unable to join Windows NT 4.0 Server BDC to Windows Server 2003

Post by Rick Kingsla » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:40:14

Rick,

We have checked the security on the DC and disabled most
of the settings for the domain controller.  Still does not
work.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

-man

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Check the security on the DC.  It almost sounds like the
signing or
>communication encryption is on within the 2003 server so
that the NT BDC
>can't communicate.

>Look for anything in your Default Domain Controller

Policy / Local Policies
Quote:>/ Security Options and look for anything that indicates

Strong Server key or
>message signing.  Unless set properly (I would disable or
set to 'if
>agrees'), NT will not be able to communicate.

>--
>Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
>Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
>Associate Expert

>> Hi Brad,

>> The Win2k3 server is in mixed-mode.  We have also
verified
>> that the Win2k3 server is registering the DNS and WINS
>> records.  (The Win2k3 sees the static ip address of the
>> Win NT BDC.)

>> Could it be that the Win2k3 Enterprise Eval copy (Build
>> 3790) is limited to do this?

>> -man

domain
>> >are set to point at the Win2k3 server.

>> >Also make sure that th Win2K3 server is even
registering
>> >it's DNS and WINS records.

>> >Brad
network

>> >enabled.
>> >networking

BDC
>> >administrator

>> >.

>.

1. Use Windows 2003 server as a Windows 2000 server

I have two trial CDs for Windows 2003 server, 1 standard and 1
enterprise.

I would like to use them as though I am using Windows 2000 servers,
because I am uncertain what new unexpected features are in Windows
2003 and may want experience on Windows 2000 like setup. Unfortunately
I do not have trial versions of windows 2000 server.

Any one have tried similar things, and if so, share the experience?

Thanks

David
23rd June 2003

2. toolbook - dvi

3. Update Windows 2000 Server englisch auf Windows 2003 Server deutsch

4. USB not working

5. windows 2000 licensing server and windows 2003 terminal server

6. Sideways Screen???

7. Windows Server 2003 con Windows NT Workstation 4?

8. desktop folders revert to detail list

9. Upgrade Windows NT 4.0 client to Windows NT 4.0 server??

10. Migrating LAN SERVER 4.0 to Windows NT Server 4.0

11. Configuring DHCP Server: Windows NT 4.0 Server - Windows 2000 Professional workstation

12. search the article 817470 from the Windows Server 2003 Server Deployment Kit

13. FrontPage Server Extension + Windows 2003 + Sun One Web Server 6.0