Win 95 TCP-IP and older DOS-based TCP-IP applications

Win 95 TCP-IP and older DOS-based TCP-IP applications

Post by Matt Ell » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

In the past we have been able to use our older DOS TCP-IP applications
(Popmail) under a DOS box in Windows, and to use Winsock based
applications, as long as they weren't run concurrently.  As long as
the Trumpet Winsock wasn't loaded, we could use one or another DOS
based TCP-IP application.  Using the 32 bit TCP-IP driver in WIN95,
this is no longer possible.  Is this because it says loaded all the
time, and conflicts with the DOS-based programs' TCP-IP stacks?  Is
there any way around this?  I know we should just go to a newer mail
program, but we have a lot of users who are fairly set in their ways.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Ellis