Win95 Desktop icon names underlined - Why?

Win95 Desktop icon names underlined - Why?

Post by Viv Gridle » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Since reinstalling IE4 the names underneath the desktop icons are
in underlined text.
Can anyone tell me please how to remove the underlining?

I have looked at the desktop Properties/Appearance dialogue box
and can change the font type and make it bold text if I wish, but
there is no mention of underlined text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viv Gridley

Win95 Desktop icon names underlined - Why?

Post by Dan » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Do you have your system set to single-click the icons or
double-click. As I recall, this is what causes the double
underline. In Explorer, click on the View menu and select Folder
Options. Under the "General" tab, if you select "Classic Windows"
the underlines will disappear. If you choose "Web Style" (single
click), you will have the underlines.