need help getting started

Post by Fred » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 04:27:56

I'm new to eVB but I've been developing in VB for about 5
years.  In VB I'm use to creating the exe and also
creating the install setup.

Evidently in eVB an exe is not created, so I used the
embedded VB application install wizard to try to create
the project so I can load it on my Pocket PC.  When I get
to step 9, create install, I get a message 'Failed to copy
file setup.exe to the destination folder.  The message
says I might be out of disk space but I have plenty of
disk space available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Fred

need help getting started

Post by Perr » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 05:54:56

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm new to eVB but I've been developing in VB for about 5
>years.  In VB I'm use to creating the exe and also
>creating the install setup.

>Evidently in eVB an exe is not created, so I used the
>embedded VB application install wizard to try to create
>the project so I can load it on my Pocket PC.  When I get
>to step 9, create install, I get a message 'Failed to
copy
>file setup.exe to the destination folder.  The message
>says I might be out of disk space but I have plenty of
>disk space available.

I am new to eVB as well. In any case, eVB install
automatically to the Pocket PC if it is connected to your
PC when you run your app on the PC. You have a choice of
Pocket PC Emulation or Pocket PC Device. The second option
will install everything you need on the device.
By the way, eVB generates a .vb file, not .exe. It is
interpreted, not binary.
There is a way to generate an install package with a
setup.exe file. I haven't figure that one out yet. May be
when you do, you will e-mail and let me know.

Perry

Quote:>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!