Generic printer driver

Post by Alberto Sat » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:40:19

Hi,
I have Platform Builder 3.0 and I want to use a dot printer with my CE image
for x86.
Details:
My application asks me to select a printer and its port before printing.
There are two printers available: PCL Laser and PCL Inkjet.
I want to use a dot printer, but with any of the previous selected only
garbage is printed.
In the COMMON.REG their driver is declared as pcl.dll
Questions:
Is there another driver to replace pcl.dll so I can use dot printers ?
Is there any registry modification to solve this ?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge,
Sato

1. generic printer driver xppro vs. 2000pro

Running windows app on win2000pro.  We have an ethernet label printer.  The
software company made mods so we could use it on the network and told us to
use the "generic" printer driver.  Print jobs are slow at best and is
falling apart.  Were now told that the "generic" drivers for either 98 or xp
work fine.  Sounds like bull but we've always complied to put the ball in
their court.  Before upgrading to xppro, are there any differences in the
"generic" printer drivers?  Either than date of course.
thanks.

2. disable 'Settings'

3. GENERIC PRINTER DRIVER 3.X

4. favorites

5. Generic printer driver

6. NEED HELP

7. Diablo 630 or Daisy Wheel Generic Printer Driver?

8. IPSM and QFE74

9. Generic Printer Driver Codes

10. Generic / Text Only printer driver problem TTY.DRV UNIDRV.DLL DrawText

11. Problems concerning the Generic/Text Only printer drivers included in Windows XP

12. Generic Text Printer Driver

13. Windows 3.x Generic /Text Only printer driver