How to create auto run .cab file

Post by Bj?rn Fel » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:12:38

Hi,

I'm trying to make a .cab file that is autmatically started if I insert a cf
card.
As far as I understand I have to create a directory based on the processor
ID of the pocket pc, i.e: 2577 for ppc 2002 on iPAQ 3800.
I figured out how to do once, but I have misplaced my documentation and can'
t find any clues.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA Bjoern

How to create auto run .cab file

Post by Vassili Philippo » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:43:27

 \<path-to-storage-card>\<cpu-id>\autorun.exe

CPU-id:
SH3 10003
MIPS 4000
ARM (SA1100) 2577
ARM (720) 1824

You cannot put can file there. But you can write a simple .exe that will
start your cab file. Read how to do it using ShellExecuteEx function at:
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/qa/installcab.html
"How to install a cab file on Pocket PC?"

Vassili Philippov
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

How to create auto run .cab file

Post by Bj?rn Fel » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:50:51

Thank you!

Quote:> \<path-to-storage-card>\<cpu-id>\autorun.exe