Newbie: How to rebuild USB HID Class Driver?

Newbie: How to rebuild USB HID Class Driver?

Post by Pszemo » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 06:51:16

Hi, I am making changes to the file hid.cpp located in the folder
\WINCE410\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB\CLASS\HID and it looks like
Platform Builder is not using my modified modules during platform
build process. I have checked the sources file and I have found
strange comment inside:

!IF 0
Note on DOSYSGEN: the sysgen process runs "build" on this sources file to
produce a LIB file, even though the end target will be a DLL or an EXE. This
is because COREDLL, which is linked implicitly to all such targets, can be
componentized and we want to avoid invoking COREDLL APIs that may not be
available after sysgen. If you want to build and link this target AFTER the sysgen
is complete, comment out the following line -- otherwise you will get a LIB
file.
!ENDIF
DOSYSGEN=1

What does it mean exactly?
Do I build usbhid.dll or coredll.dll to include hid.cpp module?
Why my sources are not even touched when I choose platform rebuild?
When I order to "rebuild selected feature" pointing to my USB driver
I got sources recompiled and obj files created with my changes, but
I do not see dlls being updated at all...

Anybody could explain that for me, please? I am stuck.

Newbie: How to rebuild USB HID Class Driver?

Post by jj30 » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:15:00

Try this

Options->Build->Enable DepTree Build

Clean

Rebuild All

> Hi, I am making changes to the file hid.cpp located in the folder
> \WINCE410\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB\CLASS\HID and it looks like
> Platform Builder is not using my modified modules during platform
> build process. I have checked the sources file and I have found
> strange comment inside:

> !IF 0
> Note on DOSYSGEN: the sysgen process runs "build" on this sources file to
> produce a LIB file, even though the end target will be a DLL or an EXE. This
> is because COREDLL, which is linked implicitly to all such targets, can be
> componentized and we want to avoid invoking COREDLL APIs that may not be
> available after sysgen. If you want to build and link this target AFTER the sysgen
> is complete, comment out the following line -- otherwise you will get a LIB
> file.
> !ENDIF
> DOSYSGEN=1

> What does it mean exactly?
> Do I build usbhid.dll or coredll.dll to include hid.cpp module?
> Why my sources are not even touched when I choose platform rebuild?
> When I order to "rebuild selected feature" pointing to my USB driver
> I got sources recompiled and obj files created with my changes, but
> I do not see dlls being updated at all...

> Anybody could explain that for me, please? I am stuck.

1. Debugger fails to connect with USB HID Class Driver...

Hi,

I have a CEPC platform with WinCE 4.1. I wanted to use it with a USB mouse.
For that, I presume it is necessary to include the USB Human Input
Device (HID) Class Driver feature in my platform.
I did that and then built the platform and tried to download it.
Surprisingly, with the HID driver, my platform fails to boot correctly,
and it is shown a dialog in my development workstation saying that the
debugger has lost the connection to the device.

I don't see the relation between the debugger connection and the HID
component. And the problem is that, after removing the component and
re-building the platform, the debugger connection failure still remains.
Before adding the HID component, everything worked fine (except the USB
mouse, obviously!).

Has anyone noticed this problem before?
Thanks in advance.
Eurico

2. SP2 - SP3 install problems

3. A bug in USB HID class driver

4. Compatibility of W-98 & W-XP on my home network

5. USB hid driver still need kbdmouse driver?

6. STOP MAIL FROM ANOTHER USER ACCOUNT

7. USB HID Sample (newbie)

8. Executable Size

9. Hiding classes in class view

10. usb to pcmcia class driver - (smartmedia reader)

11. USB Content security class driver development

12. How to rebuild your class wizard

13. A memory corrpuption bug with MSVC50 STL/string class, and the fix, and rebuilding libraries (REPOST?)