message boxes hide behind dialogs and freeze app

message boxes hide behind dialogs and freeze app

Post by MJ » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:50:03

My application is made up of modal dialog boxes.  My only problem is
that I make use of api message boxes for various alerts and
confirmations.  If the user accidently taps the dialog under the
message box before dismissing the message box, the box goes to the
background and appears to freeze the app.  I have to go to the task
list to find it and bring it back to the front.  Can these boxes be
made to stay on top until they are closed?  Thanks!

-mjl

message boxes hide behind dialogs and freeze app

Post by Alexander Shargi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:58:56

What parent window do you assign to your message box? You should pass your
dialog as the parent for message box and your dialog will never shroud the
message box.

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

Quote:> My application is made up of modal dialog boxes.  My only problem is
> that I make use of api message boxes for various alerts and
> confirmations.  If the user accidently taps the dialog under the
> message box before dismissing the message box, the box goes to the
> background and appears to freeze the app.  I have to go to the task
> list to find it and bring it back to the front.  Can these boxes be
> made to stay on top until they are closed?  Thanks!

> -mjl

message boxes hide behind dialogs and freeze app

Post by MJ » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:43:47

Cool!  Thanks!

-mjl

> What parent window do you assign to your message box? You should pass your
> dialog as the parent for message box and your dialog will never shroud the
> message box.

> --
> Sincerely,
> Alexander

1. File dialog box in dialog-based app?

I hope this is the right newsgroup for this question -- it looks the
most promising among those carried by my provider.

I'm using VC++ 4.2 Enterprise Edition in NT 4.0.  I have a very simple
program to write -- the user should be able to select a file or files,
click some radio buttons and maybe fill in some free-form notes about
the file(s), then click on OK and the program will copy the file(s) to
the "right" place and write a log.

If I create an SDI or MDI app, the File Open dialog box is
automatically provided for me.  I really want to use dialog-based,
though, because in my case the user never opens any documents, just
selects files to copy.  What is the best way for me to incorporate a
standard file selection dialog box into one of those?

Can anyone provide some clues to this clueless newbie?

--

| 850 21st Ave SE     |----------------------| Only unbalanced people       |
| Mpls MN  55414-2514 |                      |        can tip the scales... |

2. html

3. 3 dialog boxes in dialog base app

4. Loosing My Desktop

5. Save Message As dialog box freezes

6. Dual-Boot Win2000 and WinXP

7. Problem of Hiding titlebar of dialog behind Taskbar

8. system error

9. Dialog boxes open behind the active screen

10. MFC text box (within dialog box) handling own messages

11. Resizing dialog Box or Elastic control tool for Dialog Boxes.

12. Message box behind form

13. How do I keep a dialog box from hiding the menu