Creating email from eVB

Post by rob » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:05:48

After using CDO, POP3/SMTP etc from VB, I expected to find something in POOM
which would allow me to create an email from eVB. That capability does not
appear to be available. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

TIA

Rob Agnew

ragnewATteamsoftDOTcomDOTau

Creating email from eVB

Post by Michael Fosmire [M » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:50:41

You're correct.  The POOM does not expose this functionality.  MAPI may
provide this, but I've never tried this from eVB.

-mike

Creating email from eVB

Post by Chris Tacke, eMV » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:12:24

MAPI is available in PPC02.  For PPC00 you have to use pmail APIs, which are
non-intuitive.  I know I've read stuff on it, but never done it myself.  Do
a google search.

-Chris

Quote:> You're correct.  The POOM does not expose this functionality.  MAPI may
> provide this, but I've never tried this from eVB.

> -mike

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Creating email from eVB

Post by RObA » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:06:36

Thank you both for the replies. I thought that was going to be the case. Oh
well...

> MAPI is available in PPC02.  For PPC00 you have to use pmail APIs, which
are
> non-intuitive.  I know I've read stuff on it, but never done it myself.
Do
> a google search.

> -Chris

> > You're correct.  The POOM does not expose this functionality.  MAPI may
> > provide this, but I've never tried this from eVB.

> > -mike

> > This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Creating email from eVB

Post by Jeff La » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:31:49

Try this:

    Dim st As String

        " -subject " & Chr(34) & "Test Message" & Chr(34) & _
        " -Body " & Chr(34) & "This is a test, with an attachment" & Chr(34)
& _
        " -attach " & Chr(34) & "\My Documents\Sample.bmp" & Chr(34)
    If ShellApplication("windows\pmail.exe", st, True) Then
        MsgBox "Ok"
    End If

You'll need to get the ShellApplication code from my website
(http://www.datamasta.co.nz/eVb_Code.htm)

Jeff Law
PPCInstall Developer
http://www.ppcinstall.com

Quote:> You're correct.  The POOM does not expose this functionality.  MAPI may
> provide this, but I've never tried this from eVB.

> -mike

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. sending email from create email

after many years of using outlook express with no
problems, suddenly yesterday, when I try to send from the
create email window, I get a message that says

Protocol SMTP, Port ) secure (SSL) no, error number )X800C)
131

The message then goes to the outbox file.  When I click on
send receive in the toolbar, the message sends with no
trouble.  I have no problems receiving emails.  I have
downloaded and reinstalled outlook express and explorer
6.0.  I have tried disabling my firewall and virus
scanning of emails.  The problem persists.  I have no
trouble with Internet Explorer.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

2. Performed illigal option...

3. total loss of all email info & access to create new emails

4. long file name errors

5. Cannot create ATL component from eVB

6. how to program extensions for Media Mogul (CD-i)?

7. Create Database SQL CE eVB

8. Problem connecting to computers on my LAN.

9. Creating a two word table in SQLCE using eVB

10. ppc 2002,evb 3.0,adoce 3.1 Can't create object

11. Self created OCX in a formless eVB program

12. Create, edit, name and save notes from evb?

13. Creating Menus from eVB