Registry

Post by Larry Willia » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:04:52

Need to know how to use RegSaveFile() and RegRestorefile() in EVC++ 3.0.
According to dumpbin the routines are located in coredll.lib but there is
no header reference for them and I get linker errors when trying to use
them.

Registry

Post by Maarten Struy » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:05:10

Function declarations for RegSaveKey and RegRestoreFile are available in
pwinreg.h. This header file is available with Platform Builder, AFAIK it is
not available with EVC 3.0.

--
Regards,

Maarten Struys
PTS Software bv
----

Quote:> Need to know how to use RegSaveFile() and RegRestorefile() in EVC++ 3.0.
> According to dumpbin the routines are located in coredll.lib but there is
> no header reference for them and I get linker errors when trying to use
> them.

Registry

Post by Chris Tacke, eMV » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:46:37

Though since it's in coredll you can always manually declare it as extern
and it will work fine without needing the header.

-Chris

> Function declarations for RegSaveKey and RegRestoreFile are available in
> pwinreg.h. This header file is available with Platform Builder, AFAIK it
is
> not available with EVC 3.0.

> --
> Regards,

> Maarten Struys
> PTS Software bv
> ----

> > Need to know how to use RegSaveFile() and RegRestorefile() in EVC++ 3.0.
> > According to dumpbin the routines are located in coredll.lib but there
is
> > no header reference for them and I get linker errors when trying to use
> > them.

1. The REGISTRY, The REGISTRY, Oh the REGISTRY

 Netscape just renamed the "newsgroups" into "discussion groups".  I am
sure that
will come across well with the usenet establishment...  (Nevertheless,
it is probably
indeed a better name, in my opinion.)

Here may be something to start a discussion:  Win95 has a REGISTRY.
Everyone
appears to accept that, and Win95 even supplies a horrendous program
called the registry editor with which you can muck around in the
registry.  To me
it appears that Microsoft has moved from ASCII parameter storage in INI
files to binary storage format in the REGISTRY.  Still, my Windows
directory
contains zillions of INI files, many of whom named after programs
installed
post-win95.

What I don't understand is:  What Goes Where?  Can anyone tell
me what kind of "stuff" is supposed to make up the registry, and what
should be
stored in "ini" files, etc.   Perhaps any educated windows programmer
can tell me, but
then again this may be something only design gurus at Microsoft know for
sure...  What
appears to be the truth is that my registry contains at least as much
garbage as my
INI files, and it is equally tough to clean up.

Someone tell us ignorants about this, please!

MB

2. I cant boot up using my Hard drive after i installed from CD Rom boot up method

3. Refresh Registry in IE after CAB file Install Registry Change

4. change in address for hard disk communication?

5. xp registry.Can I import to registry.

6. Kudos and suggestions for WMP 7

7. Remote (Connect Network Registry) Registry troubles with XP Pro

8. autocomplete doesn't work

9. cleaned up registry using a registry cleaner and ........

10. Registry problem (where is windowsxp.registry?)

11. Remote (Connect Network Registry) Registry troubles with XP Pro

12. Help Disable registry tools key set in Registry