adding x86 cpu type to evc projects created with ppc 2000 sdk

adding x86 cpu type to evc projects created with ppc 2000 sdk

Post by Tristan Ludowy » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:44:41

Hi,

I have some evc projects created when only the 2000 sdk was installed and I
would like to be able to compile for x86 on 2002.  What would be the best
way to do this without causing headaches?

I can see 2 options:

1)  Edit the .vcp file and add all the configuration necessary (ew!)
2)  Create a projects, re-enter project settings and add all the files back
to the project (this should work right?)

Thanks for any ideas,
Tristan.

adding x86 cpu type to evc projects created with ppc 2000 sdk

Post by Paul G. Tobey [eMVP » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:55:45

Are you talking about x86em or just plain x86.  x86 shouldn't be supported
in the PPC or PPC2002 SDKs.  I don't recall having to do *anything* to
switch from PPC to PPC Emulator...

Paul T.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have some evc projects created when only the 2000 sdk was installed and
> would like to be able to compile for x86 on 2002.  What would be the best
> way to do this without causing headaches?

> I can see 2 options:

> 1)  Edit the .vcp file and add all the configuration necessary (ew!)
> 2)  Create a projects, re-enter project settings and add all the files
back
> to the project (this should work right?)

> Thanks for any ideas,
> Tristan.

1. How to add new SDK targets to existing EVC projects?

Has anyone dealt successfully with the following scenario?

1. Install EVC, install some SDKs.

2. Generate some projects, with configurations for all the targets in the
installed SDKs.  Write and debug the code.

3. Later, install another SDK which defines some new targets.

If I create new projects, the App Wizard allows me to add support for the
new targets; but how do I add them to the existing projects?   I just want
to modify the projects to build them for one additional target.

Any advice appreciated...

- Alex

2. Reinstalling IE6

3. Adding a platform to an EVC++ project after it is created?

4. WinNT accounting?

5. Link error compiling for x86 emulation for HPCPro 2.11 SDK in eVC

6. Schedule+ Group Access

7. Looking for OLDNAMES.LIB EVC 4.0 x86 target custom SDK

8. networking problems in 98, ME and XP

9. Converting PocketPC 2000 evb project to PPC 2002

10. Problem after installing PPC SDK 2002 (atl dll, eVC 3)

11. Getting new SDK to appear as option under existing eVC 4.0 project

12. Add WMP Control to C++ project for PPC

13. Menu bar works with PPC 2002 but NOT with PPC 2000 device