How to fix the dialog's position?

Post by Dari » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:27:23

Hi,all
I build my WinCE dialog base application with MFC, and I have made the
dialog fullscreen use "MoveWindow()", but the dialog's position will be
changed when user drag the title bar, how can I fix the dialog's position?
Thanks!
Daric

How to fix the dialog's position?

Post by Scott Langha » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:54:40

Maybe not the best way, but I did it by handling OnWindowPosChanged, and in
the handler moved the window back to where i wanted it to stay. Not the
greatest solution, but the effect is right.... I'm sure other people have
got better ideas.
-Scott

Quote:> Hi,all
> I build my WinCE dialog base application with MFC, and I have made the
> dialog fullscreen use "MoveWindow()", but the dialog's position will be
> changed when user drag the title bar, how can I fix the dialog's position?
> Thanks!
> Daric

How to fix the dialog's position?

Post by Dari » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:52:55

Thanks!
I have found the better way,
==========================
use the ModifyStyleEx(0, WS_EX_NODRAG, 0); //prevents dialog box from moving
style to prevent the dialog from moving.
==========================

> Maybe not the best way, but I did it by handling OnWindowPosChanged, and
in
> the handler moved the window back to where i wanted it to stay. Not the
> greatest solution, but the effect is right.... I'm sure other people have
> got better ideas.
> -Scott

> > Hi,all
> > I build my WinCE dialog base application with MFC, and I have made the
> > dialog fullscreen use "MoveWindow()", but the dialog's position will be
> > changed when user drag the title bar, how can I fix the dialog's
position?
> > Thanks!
> > Daric

1. Display dialogs at the desktop on a fixed position

Hi,

During the creation of my dialogs I want to be able to set it to a
certain desktop position. When I do this from the OnInitDialog() method
the SetWindowPos() call doesn't work. When I have a modeless Dialog I
can do it in the Create() method. But how can I do this for an modal
dialog ?

Thanks in advance,

Herman Lankreijer

2. IE6 file association

3. BitBlt in Dialog App - BMP is drawn in wrong position on some PC's

4. Download function won't work

5. A library with dialogs or How to 'share' dialogs

6. Job Openings/Silicon Valley

7. Windows Explorer won't remember 'saved' position setting

8. Urgent : assertion failed

9. starting it with the miniplayer skin in a fixed position

10. How to fix/setup the default windows position/size of the browser window ?

11. CSS2 Position:fixed

12. CSS Fixed positioning

13. MS "Fix" doesn't actually fix problem.