Want to play a wave file using a system call

Want to play a wave file using a system call

Post by omprakas » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 00:36:40

Hi,
I am developing a scanner application which need to play a
predefined audio file on a good scan.It's something
similar like setting a audio file to be played,whenever a
window opens.I am using wince.net.I need to know if there
is an api/system call available which can be used to play
*.wav files.
Regards
Om

Want to play a wave file using a system call

Post by Ron Craswel » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 02:24:24

::PlaySound( LPCSTR pszSound, HMODULE hmod, DWORD fdwSound );

will allow you to play a sound synchronously or asynchronously from a file
or a resource.

--ron

Quote:> Hi,
> I am developing a scanner application which need to play a
> predefined audio file on a good scan.It's something
> similar like setting a audio file to be played,whenever a
> window opens.I am using wince.net.I need to know if there
> is an api/system call available which can be used to play
> *.wav files.
> Regards
> Om

1. Using wave API to playback Wave file using multi buffer

Hi,

   I undestand how to use the waveform API,  waveOutOpen(), etc. to
play a wave file using only one buffer. That is, read all data in the
single buffer and then  call waveOutWrite() to playback. But waht I
want  to do is use two  or more buffers, so that I need not playback
until all data are read. How to do this? Are there any sample source
code to demostate this?

Regards,

2. Dividing Microsoft.

3. Playing a Wave file on a specific sound card using Waveform API

4. moden connection

5. wave file play using Low-Level API(waveOutXXX())

6. Can not delete avi file in win2000

7. How to play wave file using MCI (not sndPlaySound)

8. pcmcia card reader

9. I cannot play system sounds, mp3's or Wave files on my computer...Help PLEASE!

10. Show a wave file (and perhaps comparing wave files)

11. how do you split one wave file in to 20 diffrent wave files evenly?

12. Converting wave files to wma files using xp media player

13. how do i get a mp3 file to play as a wave file