Application for connecting database

Post by Confusing ma » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:00:54

Hi,
I am a newbie in both eVB/eVC and MFC.
But I need to write a application in WinCE
that like a shopping cart, which allow the user
shopping by using the application.
This imply I need to connect to database.

But I have no idea how to start,
could anyone help me?

I should use eVB or eVC?
What basic knowledge I must know first?
And any book / websites I can refer to?

Confusing man

Application for connecting database

Post by Earl » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:24:00

I'm confused too. If you have no experience, why would you be tasked with
writing such an application? You may want to check out that guy pushing
Visual CE.

Quote:> Hi,
> I am a newbie in both eVB/eVC and MFC.
> But I need to write a application in WinCE
> that like a shopping cart, which allow the user
> shopping by using the application.
> This imply I need to connect to database.

> But I have no idea how to start,
> could anyone help me?

> I should use eVB or eVC?
> What basic knowledge I must know first?
> And any book / websites I can refer to?

> Confusing man

Application for connecting database

Post by Paul G. Tobey [eMVP » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:02:44

Well, first, you have to decide where the database is and what kind of
database it is.  There is a lot of information floating around on ADOCE,
which is what you would use to put your data in the built-in database format
of Windows CE or to use the Pocket Access format.  We've been over and over
methods of accessing desktop databases from handheld devices already, so you
should look that up in the newsgroup archives via Google.  There is also SQL
Server CE which can store the data locally and synchronize periodically, or
connect continuously to SQL Server.

Your language choice is going to depend on what you know.  Can you already
program in eVB *and* eVC?  If so, I'd choose eVC since that gives you an
upgrade path when devices come out with Windows CE.NET inside them.  You can
also use the .NET Compact Framework from either C# or VB.NET to implement
your code.  It's still in its early life, however.

Paul T.

Quote:> Hi,
> I am a newbie in both eVB/eVC and MFC.
> But I need to write a application in WinCE
> that like a shopping cart, which allow the user
> shopping by using the application.
> This imply I need to connect to database.

> But I have no idea how to start,
> could anyone help me?

> I should use eVB or eVC?
> What basic knowledge I must know first?
> And any book / websites I can refer to?

> Confusing man

1. How to connect a client server application with pocket pc application??

Hi !
I wanna know something about how to connect Client/Server applications
 with Pocket PC application using Embedded VB

To be more precise i wanted some information about the techniques that
 enables communication between an existing client/server application
 and Pocket PC application. I also want to know that how data flows
 between these two applications.
I m looking for an instant reply from ur side.
Regards,
Vikas Singhal

2. Netmeeting

3. How to connect client server application with pocket pc application??

4. Installing a news account

5. Connect windows C/application with UNIX C/application

6. GDI programming problem

7. How to Backup the Contacts Database、Tasks Database、Appointment Database

8. Adding Desktop to Quick Launch

9. Database Applications Seminar

10. EASYBASE - The easy way to develop database applications

11. Multimedia database application

12. where does one find the database for the "Help and Support" application?

13. W2K Prof and XP Prof Network and Database Application