Can't use "Remote Heap Walker" tool in PB 4.1

Can't use "Remote Heap Walker" tool in PB 4.1

Post by ?Pùú¤ » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:23:36

Hi, CE gurus:

    I am debugging a CEPC debug image.  I can download and boot the image
for the target.
But when I execute "Remote Heap Walker", the following debug messages showed
and no any
items is displayed in the "Remote Heap Walker" window.

 Opening KITL stream "platmanXport"...
 KITL stream platmanXport: buffer start=0x45400000 end=0x45406400
 CKITLConnection established for stream platmanXport
 CKITLConnection::Close stream platmanXport
 Opening KITL stream "strm-3"...
 KITL stream strm-3: buffer start=0x45400000 end=0x45406400
 CKITLConnection established for stream strm-3

SHDB 0xa5
 Coredll: DEBUGCHK failed in file
d:\jameson\private\winceos\coreos\core\lmem\.\heap.c at line 1818

    Can someone give me a hint about what's wrong and how to solve it.
    Thanks in advance.

Henry

Can't use "Remote Heap Walker" tool in PB 4.1

Post by Amjad Hussain [M » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:15:11

It looks like you're hitting an assert in heap.c.  Are you able to connect
other remote tools (like file viewer etc.) or do they also give a simlar
error message?

Can't use "Remote Heap Walker" tool in PB 4.1

Post by Amjad Hussain [M » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:45:20

Also, if this is happening only for heap walker, can you paste the
callstack and the function in which the assert is firing?

1. Can't open "Tools", "Internet Options" due to security setting

When I open IE6 and select Tools, Internet Options, I get
an error message which reads:  "Restrictions. This
operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect
on this computer.  Please contact your system
administrator."  This means I cannot change the home page
or other configuration items.  There is no system
administrator (it's me!) so how do I correct this?  Reply

2. How to get mouse wheel to work, touchpad

3. "My Documents" - using "search" and "Send to"

4. A Pop-Up Menu/Start Menu for NT

5. "ActiveX" and "plug-ins" message

6. need advice on inexpensive high-quality video projector

7. Remote Assistance - "Client" Can't See Cursor When "Host" Moves It

8. E-mail Notifier

9. Eudora Pro 4.1 resets IE5's fonts to "Smaller"

10. Problems in Netscape Plug-Ins "Cool Talk" and "Live 3D"

11. "Send To" Used in Program's "File open" Menus

12. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

13. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||