Urgent: Wierd problem to run PPC2002 emulator: Cannot locate the default device

Urgent: Wierd problem to run PPC2002 emulator: Cannot locate the default device

Post by John » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:25:41

Urgent, please help!

I am using  eVC++3.0 installed on my Windows 2K desktop to develop PPC2002
applications.

When I compile my software in eVC++3.0 and want to run emulator, the system
told me "Error Occured: Cannot locate the default device. Please set a
default device with Platform Manager".
I did not have this type of problems before. Not sure if it is related to
some new DVD player
software I downloaded from the Internet.

Here are some important parameters of Platform Manager Configuration:

Pocket PC 2002 -> Pocket PC 2002 Emulation -> Property

Transport: TCP/IP Transport for Windows CE -> Configure -> Check Connection
Status (checked)   6000 msec interval       Use fixed address: 192.168.1.153

Startup Server: Emulator Startup Server -> Configure -> Ethernet (Enabled),
Serial Port 1: COM1

Anybody can help? Thanks in advance.

John

Urgent: Wierd problem to run PPC2002 emulator: Cannot locate the default device

Post by John » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:15:11

I did select "Pocket PC Emulation" instead of "Pocket PC (Default Device)",
but the error still occurs.

I tried x86 Release Version instead of x86 Debug version, and compile it one
more time, then it works! When I switch
it back to Debug version, and compile and run it, it works as well. I
suspect the IDE has a bug inside, so it can record
some wierd status and cannot reset itself.

Thanks.

John

Quote:> Urgent, please help!

> I am using  eVC++3.0 installed on my Windows 2K desktop to develop PPC2002
> applications.

> When I compile my software in eVC++3.0 and want to run emulator, the
system
> told me "Error Occured: Cannot locate the default device. Please set a
> default device with Platform Manager".
> I did not have this type of problems before. Not sure if it is related to
> some new DVD player
> software I downloaded from the Internet.

> Here are some important parameters of Platform Manager Configuration:

> Pocket PC 2002 -> Pocket PC 2002 Emulation -> Property

> Transport: TCP/IP Transport for Windows CE -> Configure -> Check
Connection
> Status (checked)   6000 msec interval       Use fixed address:
192.168.1.153

> Startup Server: Emulator Startup Server -> Configure -> Ethernet
(Enabled),
> Serial Port 1: COM1

> Anybody can help? Thanks in advance.

> John

1. Wierd problem to run PPC2002 emulator: Cannot locate the default device

I am using PPC2002 and eVC++3.0.

When I compile my software in eVC++3.0 and want to run e,ulator, the system
told me "Error Occured: Cannot locate the default device. Please set a
default device by Platform Manager". The same software worked yesterday and
I did not change the settings of Platform Manager.

Here are some important parameters of Platform Manager Configuration:

Pocket PC 2002 -> Pocket PC 2002 Emulation -> Property

Transport: TCP/IP Transport for Windows CE -> Configure -> Check Connection
Status (checked)   6000 msec interval       Use fixed address: 192.168.1.153

Startup Server: Emulator Startup Server -> Configure -> Ethernet (Enabled),
Serial Port 1: COM1

Anybody can help? Tthanks in advance.

John

2. Login Script Help

3. Problems running PPC eVB app on PPC2002 Emulator

4. RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS

5. Emulator: Cannot find default device

6. How to disable all incoming Internet connection on WinXP Pro?

7. Cannot run Emulator: "There is no device installed" error

8. 2 gig hard drive cannot hold updates

9. cannot compile for 2002 device (using ppc2002 sdk beta)

10. problem with ppc2002 emulator

11. Problems trying to install a CAB on PPC2002 Emulator

12. problem with ppc2002 emulator