wave file play using Low-Level API(waveOutXXX())

wave file play using Low-Level API(waveOutXXX())

Post by Bong, Ki » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi everybody!!

 When playing wave file using low-level API(waveOutXXX()),
I am using "MM_WOM_DONE, MM_WOM_CLOSE, MM_WOM_OPEN"
messages.

 But In WindowsCE-SDK document, it is NOT support above messages.
Anyone who experienced this problem, please reply!

 Is threre good examples or source code or 3W, please reply!

Thanks in advance...

wave file play using Low-Level API(waveOutXXX())

Post by Gary Pelus » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

A good simple example (that we have for 9x and NT) for using the low level
wave functions is the "reverse" sample.  See
C:\mssdk\Samples\Multimedia\Audio\Reverse.  It shows how to play wave files
by passing the chunks of data to the wave functions.  Unfortunately it
doesn't port easily to CE.  Specifically CE doesn't support the MMIO
functions.  These are just helper functions for reading the RIFF format.
You could use regular file I/O if your application has knowledge of the
RIFF format.  This is a public format which you can find on the Internet.
Use your favorite search engine and search for RIFF.

Good Luck.
Gary Peluso
Microsoft
Windows CE Developer Support

1. record a wave in C++ Win 32 API using the low-level API

Why doesn't Microsoft give us samples
of how to record a wave in C++ Win 32 API
using the low-level API so it can compile
into a tiny exe?

There are two main Microsoft sample apps that record
a wave. The ACMAPP sample app uses the MCI API
so the exe is bigger (325K) but still reasonable and
unfortunately I guess the way to go.  The DDREC app
uses the low level API (waveInHeader, etc)
but it is written in C (not C++) and I do not
know how to convert it and debug it.
(why should I have to anyway)

I have found only one example (not from Msft)
that records a wave using the low-level API
but it does not work.  But if it did, the exe
is only 32K.  That is what I am trying to
achieve.

I get the feeling that Microsoft does not
want us to do this.

Why isn't there a sample app in C++ (Win32)
that records a wave file using the low-level
audio API??????

Thanks

2. restoration of previous settings

3. can we play Mobile Voice format files with Low level wave api??????????

4. Server as personal machine?

5. can we play Mobile Voice format files with Low level wave api????????

6. Backup Outlook Express on ME to use on XP

7. ActiveX

8. Audio compression using low-level API

9. Using wave API to playback Wave file using multi buffer

10. compressed WAV playing using Low-level audio

11. Playing a Wave file on a specific sound card using Waveform API

12. Any Resources on Low-Level Win32 Audio API ?