View process

Post by Maarten Struy » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:28:49

You can use the remote process viewer in eVC to kill processes. You can find
it under the tools menu.

--
Regards,

Maarten Struys
PTS Software bv
----

Quote:> Hello everybody,

> How can I see the process running in my pocket pc ??
> I need to kill one in certain circumstances.

> Thanks in advance

View process

Post by Monc » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:50:36

Thanks but I need to do it by code.

> You can use the remote process viewer in eVC to kill processes. You can find
> it under the tools menu.
> --
> Regards,
> Maarten Struys
> PTS Software bv
> ----

> > Hello everybody,

> > How can I see the process running in my pocket pc ??
> > I need to kill one in certain circumstances.

> > Thanks in advance

View process

Post by Scott Langha » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:36:30

In EVC:
menu->Tools->Remote Process Viewer.
Does that work for you?
-Scott

Quote:> Hello everybody,

> How can I see the process running in my pocket pc ??
> I need to kill one in certain circumstances.

> Thanks in advance

View process

Post by Maarten Struy » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:12:26

I have never tried this myself, but you might take a look at the
CreateToolhelp32Snapshot, Process32First and Process32Next API's. Once you
found the process you want to kill, you could use TerminateProcess. Another
alternative (if your processes have associated Windows to it) would be to
use EnumWindows to enumerate all top-level windows
and call GetWindowThreadProcessId on each of them to retrieve process
handles.

--
Regards,

Maarten Struys
PTS Software bv
----

> Thanks but I need to do it by code.

> > You can use the remote process viewer in eVC to kill processes. You can
find
> > it under the tools menu.

> > --
> > Regards,

> > Maarten Struys
> > PTS Software bv
> > ----

> > > Hello everybody,

> > > How can I see the process running in my pocket pc ??
> > > I need to kill one in certain circumstances.

> > > Thanks in advance

View process

Post by Bill » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:52:07

Actually earlier versions of PB/CE came with source code for a utility
called PviewCE that did exactly what you want to do.  You may be able to
find the source code somewhere on the web.

> Thanks but I need to do it by code.

> > You can use the remote process viewer in eVC to kill processes. You can
find
> > it under the tools menu.

> > --
> > Regards,

> > Maarten Struys
> > PTS Software bv
> > ----

> > > Hello everybody,

> > > How can I see the process running in my pocket pc ??
> > > I need to kill one in certain circumstances.

> > > Thanks in advance

1. mapping network drives/viewing processes from command prompt (telnet) ?

Does anybody know how I can map a network drive from the command prompt
? Actually, it is a telnet session.
What I also like to know how to view/kill processes from the command
prompt (like ps and kill in UNIX).
Another one : how to change the password from the command prompt ?
The idea is that UNIX people can telnet to my NT machine and run
programs (command prompt only).

To keep it short: is there any information/reference about command
prompt equivalents of tasks that would normally be done with Windows ?

Joris
 Joris Vanden Wyngaerd
 KU Leuven / ESAT / PSI
    Kardinaal Mercierlaan 94
 B-3001 Heverlee, BELGIUM

 www: www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~vwyngaej
 phone: int+32/16/321852   fax: int+32/16/321723

2. Win 95 - diskette's from CD?

3. Task manager/process view and sharing folders

4. Free Dictionàry Password Filter (with source)

5. View shutdown process - possible??

6. IIS4 and MMC

7. How to view counters for TCP/IP processes with Performance Monitor?

8. Reading binary data from DAO (mdb) database

9. Runnning In Processes but not Viewing

10. Slow list view and details view - Explorer creating thumbnails in list view

11. post process mode?current post process mode?

12. How to Identify a Process Name by Process Number.

13. Unable to end task in Task Manager for running processes- rogue processes