Howto avoid huge VCP file size

Post by B o d h » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:54:52

I wonder if exist a way to avoid the HUGE .vcp file size with eVC3.0 or
eVC4.0.
Thank you

Howto avoid huge VCP file size

Post by Christia » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:13:52

why do you care about the project file? I would bet that after initial
overhead, the size of the project file is directly related to your project
settings and the number of .h/.c/.cpp files contained within the project.

So to keep it smaller, only have one .h/.cpp file and link nothing
statically... but back to the purpose?

Quote:> I wonder if exist a way to avoid the HUGE .vcp file size with eVC3.0 or

Post by B o d h » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:38:32

Quote:> > I wonder if exist a way to avoid the HUGE .vcp file size with eVC3.0 or
> > eVC4.0.
> > Thank you
> why do you care about the project file? I would bet that after initial
> overhead, the size of the project file is directly related to your project
> settings and the number of .h/.c/.cpp files contained within the project.

> So to keep it smaller, only have one .h/.cpp file and link nothing
> statically... but back to the purpose?

I care about .vcp size because having hundreds of source files .h and .cpp
generates me a * 30MB * (!!!) .vcp file !
This behavior seems so stupid, that I thought there should be a solution or
my mistake, isn't it ?
TIA

Howto avoid huge VCP file size

Post by Doug Forste » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:31:18

Quote:> generates me a * 30MB * (!!!) .vcp file !

Which costs less than 10 cents today !!!

Quote:> > > I wonder if exist a way to avoid the HUGE .vcp file size with eVC3.0
or
> > > eVC4.0.
> > > Thank you

> > why do you care about the project file? I would bet that after initial
> > overhead, the size of the project file is directly related to your
project
> > settings and the number of .h/.c/.cpp files contained within the
project.

> > So to keep it smaller, only have one .h/.cpp file and link nothing
> > statically... but back to the purpose?

> I care about .vcp size because having hundreds of source files .h and .cpp
> This behavior seems so stupid, that I thought there should be a solution
or
> my mistake, isn't it ?
> TIA

1. Howto read huge text files, line by line.

Hi,

we would like to develop a fast C++ method that reads a huge text file (1MB), line by line. The length of each line is variable.

For now, the method reads the file, 1 character by 1 character :-( see below for the code. It is a bottleneck from a performance point of view.

Please advise how to improve this; the Windows API provies a function to read-until-endof-line but I cannot find this one in the CE implementation.

EVC++ code:

int CImport::ReadEOL()

{

TCHAR sLine[2];

DWORD nBytesRead;

m_sExecuteLine.Empty();

do

{

nBytesRead = m_spoolFile.ReadString( sLine, 1 );

sLine[1] = '\0';

if ((sLine[0] != 10) )

{

m_sExecuteLine += sLine;

while ((nBytesRead > 0) && (sLine[0] != 10));

return nBytesRead;

--
Kind regards,
Rolf Huijbrechts, REAL SOFTWARE

2. XFX geforce 4 440 64 mb SE and 2 monitors???

3. howto avoid "popups" when surfing ?

4. Transparent encryption for Windows CE

5. howto avoid large dependencieseVC++

6. Unread Mail on logon screen?

7. Q: Howto avoid IMS beeing used as SPAM-relay

8. access to recieved attachments

9. Huge Swap File size in Windows 98... is it normal??

10. convert dsp to vcp files

11. WMV File sizes are identical for various sized AVI files

12. Font Size is HUGE! Help!

13. **wet 260 wrap up** **passing the torch** **excuse the huge size, lol** **asf/swish**