DNS setup through c++

Post by cp » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:40:58

Hello all,

I have a request for information regarding setting up primary and secondary
DNS via my own software instead of the normal control panel way.

Where and which functionalities/API would I have to use.
As far as my research can tell i have to use ws2, winsock.h and perhaps
iphlpapi modules.

Any backup explaination would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Christian Petersen

1. Grief connecting to the web thru Win2k DNS

Hi guys ... I am having grief connecting to the web thru Win2k DNS.
This is VERY new to me and at this time i have setup the server and have no
problem loging onto the server with the XP pro ws. Have run thru a couple of
wizards to enable DNS with AD and DHCP is also working fine. Server has IP
10.10.1.1 and XP is given 10.0.0.3 both with 255.0.0.0
From what i see, ICS wizard is not available on XP coz it is logged onto a
domain and ICS shouldnt be set up on the Server anyway (apparently) due to
DNS and DHCP etc.
So, what might i be doing wrong / need to check setting of; etc etc.
Any help is much appreciated.
Regards
Derek

2. Ignore incoming call

3. folder copy thru MFC or Visual C++

4. XP reboots..

5. How to setup Pass-thru authentication

6. help - MPEG2 traces wanted

7. Overclocking thru Windows or thru the BIOS?

8. can't download xp virtual machine

9. how to setup secondary DNS?

10. NT DNS setup for Internet?

11. NT DNS SETUP

12. 2kAV dns setup question

13. Pointers on Printer setup on Win2k DNS Network...