How can I set EXE/DLL searching path ?

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

 Is there any way to set the exe/dll searching path in my CE system ? In the
online help of LoadLibrary said,
The searing path is following the order of
1. The absolute path specified by the lpLibFileName parameter
2. ROM for statically-linked .DDL files
3. The .EXE launch directory
4. The windows (\windows) directory
5. The root (\) directory
6. An OEM-dependent directory
7. The OEM-defined shell (\ppshell) directory Embedded Toolkit users only

How can I specify the OEM-dependent directory (item 6)in my CE system ?
What is the meaning of item 2 ? What is the DDL file ?

How can I set EXE/DLL searching path ?

Post by Steve Maille » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

item 2 is a typo. as to item 7 I've gotten no answer on that one yet.
(You're not alone)

--
Steve Maillet
Entelechy Software Consulting

Quote:> Is there any way to set the exe/dll searching path in my CE system ? In
the
> online help of LoadLibrary said,
> The searing path is following the order of
> 1. The absolute path specified by the lpLibFileName parameter
> 2. ROM for statically-linked .DDL files
> 3. The .EXE launch directory
> 4. The windows (\windows) directory
> 5. The root (\) directory
> 6. An OEM-dependent directory
> 7. The OEM-defined shell (\ppshell) directory - Embedded Toolkit users
only

> How can I specify the OEM-dependent directory (item 6)in my CE system ?
> What is the meaning of item 2 ? What is the DDL file ?

1. (DLL,RC) search order for resource in EXE and DLL

(DLL,RC) search order for resource in EXE and DLL

Netters,

     I have discovered that an EXE can load a resource (e.g.
dialog, string) in a DLL. What if in the EXE a string has an ID
equal to a string ID in the DLL? What happens if the EXE wants
to load the string or the DLL wants to load the string? Is there
a standard search order?

     Thanks. (Dankon.)

                                        Qiyao
*Zhong* Qiyao, Xinzhu, Tajvano ~{VSFtR"~}
Lun, Gregoria 2000-10-23, Nordekvinoksa 2000-08-04, China 2000-09-26

2. IE6 SP1 Install problem

3. EXE search paths

4. Mouse cursor

5. Setting application search path on XP

6. Various Problems

7. Setting the search path for driver files

8. Other users can't use programs, but I can

9. driver dll Search path

10. Setting search path

11. How do I set the search path

12. Execution of batch files? or DLL-Search-Path?

13. How to set search path for WFWG 3.11?