cannot compile for 2002 device (using ppc2002 sdk beta)

cannot compile for 2002 device (using ppc2002 sdk beta)

Post by jaso » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 02:32:56

I have a jornada 568 connected by Active Sync (A/S GUI says
"Connected" and I can explore file system etc)

From VC++ embedded 3.0 - I create a new MFC PPC 2002 app with
Win32 (WCE ARM) Debug
Pocket PC 2002 (Default Device)

When I rebuild all - it works up to the downloading files portion and
then I get the following:

Popup "Connecting to the Device" - Server is started... and then shows
a progress bar until I get this error "Timeout - Failed to connect to
device"

anyone else having this problem?  Seems odd that ActiveSync is
functioning normally but VC++ can't connect (unless I missed something
obvious in the Readme!)

cannot compile for 2002 device (using ppc2002 sdk beta)

Post by Carlos Portel » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 04:34:44

Hi Jason,

For what is worth I get the same exact behavior and my device is iPaq 3760.
I went back to using "Pocket PC" instead of "Pocket PC 2002"...

Carlos

Quote:> I have a jornada 568 connected by Active Sync (A/S GUI says
> "Connected" and I can explore file system etc)

> From VC++ embedded 3.0 - I create a new MFC PPC 2002 app with
> Win32 (WCE ARM) Debug
> Pocket PC 2002 (Default Device)

> When I rebuild all - it works up to the downloading files portion and
> then I get the following:

> Popup "Connecting to the Device" - Server is started... and then shows
> a progress bar until I get this error "Timeout - Failed to connect to
> device"

> anyone else having this problem?  Seems odd that ActiveSync is
> functioning normally but VC++ can't connect (unless I missed something
> obvious in the Readme!)

cannot compile for 2002 device (using ppc2002 sdk beta)

Post by Cherno Jagne [MS » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:19:18

Make sure you configuring Platform Manager for Pocket PC 2002:

Tools->Configure Platform Manager...->Pocket PC 2002->Pocket PC 2002
(Default Device)

Check the properties, select ActiveSync for both Transport and Startup
Server, and test the connection. Does the test succeed?

Section 2h of the Beta SDK readme also states:

"When deploying an application from eVC to a real Pocket PC 2002 device, the
"Connecting to the Device" dialog may be displayed indefinitely with the
text "Server is started" when you build a project. If this happens, click
the cancel button (or wait until the timeout dialog appears) and hit Ctrl+F5
key to copy the application to the device and start it."

--
Cherno Jagne
Microsoft Corp.

reserved.

> Hi Jason,

> For what is worth I get the same exact behavior and my device is iPaq
3760.
> I went back to using "Pocket PC" instead of "Pocket PC 2002"...

> Carlos

> > I have a jornada 568 connected by Active Sync (A/S GUI says
> > "Connected" and I can explore file system etc)

> > From VC++ embedded 3.0 - I create a new MFC PPC 2002 app with
> > Win32 (WCE ARM) Debug
> > Pocket PC 2002 (Default Device)

> > When I rebuild all - it works up to the downloading files portion and
> > then I get the following:

> > Popup "Connecting to the Device" - Server is started... and then shows
> > a progress bar until I get this error "Timeout - Failed to connect to
> > device"

> > anyone else having this problem?  Seems odd that ActiveSync is
> > functioning normally but VC++ can't connect (unless I missed something
> > obvious in the Readme!)

cannot compile for 2002 device (using ppc2002 sdk beta)

Post by Rajesh Samue » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:35:33

Greetings,

Is it possible for us to create plugin for PIE. If yes, how?.

My requirement is to create a plugin for PIE, which listens to the user
"click" event on the any HTML form element. On user click, the plugin should
fetch data from an Access DB and populate the HTML FORM elements.

The easiest way to handle this is to use Active X and Client-Side
JavaScript. But this will require "ALL" the webpages to be modified to
include Active X control and JavaScript. So i do not want to use this
method.

Please suggest if i can create PIE plugin or use some other method to do
this..

Thanks in advance

Rajesh Samuel