USB support on wince.

Post by Yoges » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:24:33

I have some questions regarding USB support on wince platforms.
1. Where can i find documentation on USB support for wince.
2. Can i connect usb devices to a wince handheld and expose them as USB
devices
instead of com ports.

Thanks,
Yogesh.

USB support on wince.

Post by Bruce Eitma » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:33:29

Answer 1:  Have you looked at Platform Builder Help?  Both 3.0 and CE .NET
contain documentation for USB.   Also, there is plenty of documentation on
USB available all over the WEB.  Try USB.org.

Answer 2:  Your question is very vague, but I will try.  If your WinCE
device has a USB Host port, then you can connect other USB devices to it.
PB ships with a sample human interface device(HID) driver which supports
keyboard, mouse and joystick.  For other USB clients you, or a third party,
will need to supply the drivers.

On the other hand, you want to take the cable that connects a PDA to a PC
and attach some client device to it instead of the PC, then NO you cannot do
it.

--
Bruce Eitman
Senior Engineer

Quote:> I have some questions regarding USB support on wince platforms.
> 1. Where can i find documentation on USB support for wince.
> 2. Can i connect usb devices to a wince handheld and expose them as USB
> devices
> instead of com ports.

> Thanks,
> Yogesh.

1. WinCE supports suspend/resume features of USB device?

Hello?

1) Microsoft Windows CE.NET help, "Supported and Unsupported USB features".
"Complex power saving modes or partial-power modes is not supported for USB
devices when the device is suspended. Instead, the entire bus is shut down.
Consequently, there is no support for resuming from suspension in response
to the needs of a USB device. Also, the remote wakeup feature as described
in the Universal Serial Bus Specification, Revision 1 is not supported."

2) Question.
In NEXiO(Sasmsung's PDA using WinCE 3.0 OS with USB host controller), I want
to sleep my USB device(for example, TI's 4 port USB hub)  while NEXiO is
running. Is it possible?

Thank you.

Kiyoung

2. HELP: How to map home dirs with NT Server?????

3. Does WinCE 4.1 Supports USB Host Stack?

4. changing password in XP...

5. Windows XP USB support??? and printer support.

6. windows xp home edition

7. Is WinCE.NET also compatible the program that runs at WinCE 2002 or WinCE 3.0?

8. Assigning CD Rom drive letters

9. USB Printer Support/USB issues

10. U.S. Robotics 56K VoicePro USB model 5605-00 USB Support

11. How to detect if an USB Flash Stick/other device supports USB 2.0 (or only 1.1) ?

12. directshow has a poor support under wince.net???

13. Is WM_NCPAINT event supported in WinCE (Need to implement for a window in eVC)