RegEdit

Post by Panhuber Astri » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I need a Registry-Editor which can not only export files, but also import
files. I have searched in the internet, but I cann't find one. Can anyone
please help me?

Astrid

RegEdit

Post by Marc Zimmermann [MVP » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I need a Registry-Editor which can not only export files, but also import
>files. I have searched in the internet, but I cann't find one. Can anyone
>please help me?

The Tascal Registry Editor is able to do both.

http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/download/ppc/regedit_e.htm

Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Works

Works FAQ and more... http://uuhome.de/marc.zimmermann

RegEdit

Post by Panhuber Astri » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thank you Marc - works perfect!!!

Astrid

Marc Zimmermann [MVP] schrieb in Nachricht ...
|>I need a Registry-Editor which can not only export files, but also import
|>files. I have searched in the internet, but I cann't find one. Can anyone
|>please help me?
|

|The Tascal Registry Editor is able to do both.
|
|http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/download/ppc/regedit_e.htm
|
|Marc Zimmermann
|Microsoft MVP - Works
|
|Works FAQ and more... http://uuhome.de/marc.zimmermann

RegEdit

Post by Meron LAVI » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I live in Israel, where the start and end of Daylight Savings ("summer")
Time varies widely from year to year (due to the demands of several of
the religious parties in the ruling coalition - I'm serious, I swear!).

Apparently, Israeli internal politics was more than Bill Gates could
handle, so Microsoft simply didn't supply Daylight Savings Time support
for the Israel time zone in Win95, Win98 or WinNT. Israelis who want
correct summer time support must manually edit the registry at the start
of each year in order to enter that year's start/stop times for summer
time, which is what I and my place of work did.

I just got a WindowsCE machine (Cassiopeia E-100) _two_ days ago,
running CE 2.2 and with ActiveSynch 3.0 added. I "partnered" it with my
Win95 (which already had installed the Daylight Savings Time registry
adjustment for the Israel Time Zone), and defined my E-100 as being in
Tel Aviv, Israel.

This worked fine, until Israel went to Standard ("winter") time,
_last_night_...
The initial symptom was that after synching with the Win95, my E-100's
clock was 1 hour ahead (as if it didn't "know" we had just gone back to
Standard Time). The additional symptom was that all new appointments
which I tried to enter today were listed as being "out of date" each
time I turned on the E-100. ActiveSynch would then re-synch them and
announce that it had succeeded. However, each time I rebooted the E-100,
ActiveSynch announced once again that the same 3 new appointments
required synchronization.

I tried defining my Win95 as being in Paris (which is one time zone
behind Israel, but still in Daylight Savings Time - so the nominal time
is the same). This in fact made my CE's clock nominally correct. However
the synch problem continued.

Finally, I defined both my Win95 and my CE as being in Paris. This
solved the above problems, however:
1) The currency/date/time format settings, etc., are not appropriate for
Israel.
2) I have no idea when France goes back to winter time, and when it
does, my clock will be wrong (and according to Murphy's Law cause me to
miss a meeting with the Director of my company, etc.).

I am open to any ideas. Is there any way to correct the Israel Time Zone
registry setting in CE without risking melting down my CE? Any other
solutions?

TIA,
Meron Lavie

RegEdit

Post by Maarten De » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>I live in Israel, where the start and end of Daylight Savings ("summer")
>Time varies widely from year to year (due to the demands of several of
>the religious parties in the ruling coalition - I'm serious, I swear!).

Eh, probaly not allowing summertime to start on a sunday? (or should it
be saturday in Israel?)

Quote:>Apparently, Israeli internal politics was more than Bill Gates could
>handle, so Microsoft simply didn't supply Daylight Savings Time support
>for the Israel time zone in Win95, Win98 or WinNT. Israelis who want
>correct summer time support must manually edit the registry at the start

Without trying to tell you which party to vote for at the next elections
so the religious parties will have less chance to be in the ruling
coalition, there is a tool to edit your registry on the CE machine.
It works for the HP's, don't know if it has the same functionality
on the Cassiopeia.

Unfortunately I do not have a name or URL at hand, but searching for
regedit in any of the winCE warez sites should come up with something.

Maarten
(My apologies to any religious party may I have offended in above remarks)

RegEdit

Post by Jim Christia » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

164. DO YOUR APPOINTMENTS SHIFT HOUR (S) WITH OUTLOOK?
(Updated on 8-24-99)
Check your current time zone settings. If you have activated a visiting city
and it's in a different time zone, your appointment times will be
automatically shifted to that time zone. Also read
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q183/5/13.asp for more.

Also, if you have a 2.0 device, install Service Pack 1 and Windows CE
Services 3.0. The online help from 3.0 tells:

"If appointments are continually off by one or more hours, turn off daylight
saving time on both your mobile device and desktop computer."

Since P/PC's (Cassiopeia E-105) do not have this box to check as H/PC's do
so you have to turn it off on your desktop computer.

--
Hopefully this answer helped you and others that have read it. If so please
visit my www.hpcmag.com web site for my new Windows CE Tips site.

Jim Christian

Associate Editor of Handheld PC Mag at http://www.hpcmag.com, Compuserve
(GO) Palmtop Sysop and Associate Forum manager at
http://computingcentral.msn.com/topics/windowsce/

> I live in Israel, where the start and end of Daylight Savings ("summer")
> Time varies widely from year to year (due to the demands of several of
> the religious parties in the ruling coalition - I'm serious, I swear!).

> Apparently, Israeli internal politics was more than Bill Gates could
> handle, so Microsoft simply didn't supply Daylight Savings Time support
> for the Israel time zone in Win95, Win98 or WinNT. Israelis who want
> correct summer time support must manually edit the registry at the start
> of each year in order to enter that year's start/stop times for summer
> time, which is what I and my place of work did.

> I just got a WindowsCE machine (Cassiopeia E-100) _two_ days ago,
> running CE 2.2 and with ActiveSynch 3.0 added. I "partnered" it with my
> Win95 (which already had installed the Daylight Savings Time registry
> adjustment for the Israel Time Zone), and defined my E-100 as being in
> Tel Aviv, Israel.

> This worked fine, until Israel went to Standard ("winter") time,
> _last_night_...
> The initial symptom was that after synching with the Win95, my E-100's
> clock was 1 hour ahead (as if it didn't "know" we had just gone back to
> Standard Time). The additional symptom was that all new appointments
> which I tried to enter today were listed as being "out of date" each
> time I turned on the E-100. ActiveSynch would then re-synch them and
> announce that it had succeeded. However, each time I rebooted the E-100,
> ActiveSynch announced once again that the same 3 new appointments
> required synchronization.

> I tried defining my Win95 as being in Paris (which is one time zone
> behind Israel, but still in Daylight Savings Time - so the nominal time
> is the same). This in fact made my CE's clock nominally correct. However
> the synch problem continued.

> Finally, I defined both my Win95 and my CE as being in Paris. This
> solved the above problems, however:
> 1) The currency/date/time format settings, etc., are not appropriate for
> Israel.
> 2) I have no idea when France goes back to winter time, and when it
> does, my clock will be wrong (and according to Murphy's Law cause me to
> miss a meeting with the Director of my company, etc.).

> I am open to any ideas. Is there any way to correct the Israel Time Zone
> registry setting in CE without risking melting down my CE? Any other
> solutions?

> TIA,
> Meron Lavie

RegEdit

Post by Meron LAVI » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Jim,

Thanks for the response, but it didn't help.

This is not the typical summer-time, or differing time zone problem.
After a closer investigation, it now appears that on CE, Microsoft
simply assumed that Israel would be on the same summer-time schedule as
the US and/or Europe.

o have any ideas how I can correct the CE registry so its Iseraeli
summer-time settings match reality, _without_ messing up my CE real bad?

TIA,
Meron Lavie

> [...]

> > required synchronization.

> > I tried defining my Win95 as being in Paris (which is one time zone
> > behind Israel, but still in Daylight Savings Time - so the nominal time
> > is the same). This in fact made my CE's clock nominally correct. However
> > the synch problem continued.

> > Finally, I defined both my Win95 and my CE as being in Paris. This
> > solved the above problems, however:
> > 1) The currency/date/time format settings, etc., are not appropriate for
> > Israel.
> > 2) I have no idea when France goes back to winter time, and when it
> > does, my clock will be wrong (and according to Murphy's Law cause me to
> > miss a meeting with the Director of my company, etc.).

> > I am open to any ideas. Is there any way to correct the Israel Time Zone
> > registry setting in CE without risking melting down my CE? Any other

RegEdit

Post by Craig Peaco » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Meron,

Two methods first is a world-clock mod, the second is a reg hack, do
let me know how you get on.

Start, settings, world clock, tap home, tap add city, maybe add
another one for you home town with a different time offset. This might
mess up and move some of your appointments though

For the 2nd method - You'll need a registry editor and as with any
registry hacks do a backup first and be careful.

That said I think you need to change the following..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock

Then you'll see several options that you'll need to experiment with a
bit but
GMT_OFFSET - I'm in the UK and mine is set to 0
HOMEDST - I'm assuming this means it's using Daylight Saving time
TZIndex - Time Zone index, mine is set to 14  - Which if you go
start,settings, regional settings, region and start counting down the
list from 0 then English (UK) is the 14th option - you probably won't
need to change this one.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you get on.

Craig
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE,
Author of Windows CE Made Simple, published July 99
www.palmpc.org.uk
www.craigtech.co.uk

On Fri, 03 Sep 1999 18:24:33 +0200, Meron LAVIE

> [...]

>> > required synchronization.

>> > I tried defining my Win95 as being in Paris (which is one time zone
>> > behind Israel, but still in Daylight Savings Time - so the nominal time
>> > is the same). This in fact made my CE's clock nominally correct. However
>> > the synch problem continued.

>> > Finally, I defined both my Win95 and my CE as being in Paris. This
>> > solved the above problems, however:
>> > 1) The currency/date/time format settings, etc., are not appropriate for
>> > Israel.
>> > 2) I have no idea when France goes back to winter time, and when it
>> > does, my clock will be wrong (and according to Murphy's Law cause me to
>> > miss a meeting with the Director of my company, etc.).

>> > I am open to any ideas. Is there any way to correct the Israel Time Zone
>> > registry setting in CE without risking melting down my CE? Any other

RegEdit

Post by Jason Dunn, MVP/C » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Wow!

That's one quirky problem - I'm afraid I'm not sure what to suggest. I think
the real question is what registry edits do you have to make on the E-100 to
make it work correctly, but the registry on CE is so undocumented that I'm
not sure where to edit...

--
Get ActiveSynch 3.0 from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsce/products/highlights/activesync.asp

Microsoft MVP - Windows CE
Kensai Design & Communications
http://www.kensai.com

1. Regedit problem / Probleme avec regedit

Bonjours, Hi...

I need to know a way to not receive the 'windows message' after you insert
something in the registry (regedit) via a .reg file..
When I dowubleclick on the .reg file, my registry came up to date, but I
receive a message.. How can I eliminate this message..???

J'ai besoin de connaitre une facon d'enlever le message qui apparait
automatiquement apres avoir mis a jour le registre (regedit) avec un fihier
.reg que j'execute.
Lorsque je click sur ce fichier .reg, mon registre se met a jour, mais je
recois toujours un message de confirmation, comment eliminer ce message ???

Thanks, Merci..

E-mail back..

2. How to protect a single file with a password in NT?

3. problema en el regedit me cuelga el fs. problem in regedit freeze my fs

4. Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

5. RegEdit Application Error using Export functionality (used RegEdit to delete keys?) - HELP

6. Having the dialer come up automatically

7. Regedit of removing automatic windows update

8. What is the required security rights to enable Internet CAB file installation?

9. now shellbrowser is gone in regedit

10. RE regedit

11. Regedit Will Not Work

12. can't run regedit.exe!