iPaq 3870 & MS HotFix for Memory Leaks

Post by Alberto Silv » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:52:08

Hi,
I've installed the MS hotfix, by copying the files like MSCE*.DLL to the
controls\arm folder and the other to runtime\arm folder.

However, testing the memory availability before and after several
createobject(adoce.recordset.3.0)..set obj=nothing, it still reports a
difference of 4096, 8192, 0 and even -4096 bytes!!!

With the OsiUtil, the diference is *always* bytes.

So, is there soemone else who have tried the hotfix on the iPaq 3870, or
other PPC2002? It seems to me that the hotfix doesn't work as expected on my
device, and perhaps on other 2002 devices.

Regards,
Alberto Silva

iPaq 3870 & MS HotFix for Memory Leaks

Post by Alberto Silv » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:57:09

I guess also that there is a serious problem (memory leak?) on the ActiveX
controls provided, like ListView, PictureBox, ImageList, MenuBar, ...

Alberto Silva

iPaq 3870 & MS HotFix for Memory Leaks

Post by Chris DiPierr » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:57:37

Where is this hotfix?

Quote:> Hi,
> I've installed the MS hotfix, by copying the files like MSCE*.DLL to the
> controls\arm folder and the other to runtime\arm folder.

> However, testing the memory availability before and after several
> createobject(adoce.recordset.3.0)..set obj=nothing, it still reports a
> difference of 4096, 8192, 0 and even -4096 bytes!!!

> With the OsiUtil, the diference is *always* bytes.

> So, is there soemone else who have tried the hotfix on the iPaq 3870, or
> other PPC2002? It seems to me that the hotfix doesn't work as expected on
my
> device, and perhaps on other 2002 devices.

> Regards,
> Alberto Silva

iPaq 3870 & MS HotFix for Memory Leaks

Post by Alberto Silv » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:15:39

You have to contact MS so they send it to you.

Regards,
Alberto Silva

> Where is this hotfix?

> > Hi,

iPaq 3870 & MS HotFix for Memory Leaks

Post by Michael Pos » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:55:55

Did they charge you for that?

Mike

> You have to contact MS so they send it to you.

> Regards,
> Alberto Silva

> > Where is this hotfix?

> > > Hi,

iPaq 3870 & MS HotFix for Memory Leaks

Post by Alberto Silv » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:37:07

No, they didn't.

Regards,
Alberto

Quote:> Did they charge you for that?

Post by Mike Dimmic » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:53:54

Quote:> Did they charge you for that?

Microsoft charge you for the initial call, but if it's a verified bug,
whether previously known or not - and you confine your call to just the
bug - they will refund your payment.  Or so I am assured by a Microsoft UK
(former) Exchange support engineer.

--
Mike Dimmick

1. iPAQ 3870 & digital camera & some question

I would like to buy this one.
But i don't know about some details.

1. Can I connect it to digital camera (Sony S85) by USB connector.
I'd like to send pictures from camera to Compact Flash in iPAQ.
Do I need some special software or USB connector ?

2. Does anybody use it as dictaphone. What is max. distance from which
quolity of sound is good/enough ?

3. Does it has vibration signal (calendar)

4. What is the time of loading/work battery

Miroslaw Kaminski

2. For the best golfing experience of your life !

3. Media Player failing with iPAQ 3870 dial-up connection

4. annoying popups

5. MP3 issues on IPAQ 3870

6. File transfer

7. Ipaq 3870 US or UK do they have different specs ?

8. Multiple problems

9. Can't open jpeg files on ipaq 3870

10. Windows Media 9 cannot detect my bluetooth IPAQ 3870

11. How to play wmv files on ipaq 3870?

12. WMP skips on playlist (IPAQ 3870)