Adding and removing Fonts on CE 3.0

Post by John Daintre » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:15:58

Hello All,

We have an application that uses its own fonts. Currently we install these
fonts in the \Windows directory. However, this means that when we attempt to
uninstall the application the font files cannot be deleted, presumably
because they are pre-loaded by the system. We do not want to put the font
files in the application directory because the same fonts are used in our
help files, and so need to be available to peghelp.

How can we delete the font files that are installed in the \Windows
directory? We can do it with a soft restart, but ideally we want to be able
to do the uninstall in one shot.

Thanks in advance.

Adding and removing Fonts on CE 3.0

Post by eMVP » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 02:00:02

Unfortunately, you can't uninstall fonts on the fly as they are opened by
the OS and there isn't any way to force it to let go of them. :-(

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting

Adding and removing Fonts on CE 3.0

Post by John Daintre » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:55:30

Thanks Steve, I suspected that was the case.

I can rename the font files when they are in use though, do a soft-restart
and then delete the renamed files.

1. Can't add new font, add new font not listed in font directory

I am uable to add a new font to my computer in Windows98 SE.  I follow the
directions listed below from the help menu in Windows98.

To add a new font to your computer

Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click
Fonts.
On the File menu, click Install New Font.
Click the drive, and then click the folder that contains the fonts you want
to add.
Click the font you want to add.

I go follow the directions, go to the Control Panel and double-click on
Fonts. I click on the file menu and there is not a "install new font" on the
menu.

I have changed printers to see if that helped it didn't. I tried copying
fonts directly in the font directory and they were not recognized.

Any one have any idea what I can do now to install fonts?

Thanks

2. Streaming video capture

3. ANNOUNCE: Add/Remove 4Good - Cleanup Control Panels' Add/Remove list.

4. Video Conference Control BOF

5. programs in add or remove will not remove and cannot locate to remove manually

6. ICS/DNS Proxy/502 Error Bad Gateway with IIS 5.1

7. Adding Menu & Close Button to Command Bar (on Custom SIP for CE 3.0)

8. please help!!!

9. Windows CE 3.0 Add-On

10. CE 3.0 PB Add-on PAck?????

11. WinCE CE 3.0 Add-On Pack