SHCreateMenuBar fails with LE=120="call not impl" when app called from file explorer

SHCreateMenuBar fails with LE=120="call not impl" when app called from file explorer

Post by Michaela Kur » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:54:42

Hi,

I am struggling with a strange bug in either Windows CE or my app (C app).

The app uses SHCreateMenuBar (minimum call, no specials) to create a menu
bar.
This is the first thing it does in the main window's WM_CREATE section.

This call fails with Last Error = 120 (call not implemented) when the app is
called
by tipping on the executable in file explorer.

Previous versions of the app did not have that behaviour, although I am not
aware of
any changes I would have made, and it is the first call anyway.

Did anyone ever have a similar experience?

Michaela

SHCreateMenuBar fails with LE=120="call not impl" when app called from file explorer

Post by Michaela Kur » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:40:48

Argh! evc converts the menus to old-style if you accidentally compile them
for HPC, and then
you can't use them for pocket pc ever again.
The resource is "old-style" if it "hangs down" in the res editor.
(It never worked, had nothing to do with file explorer).

Quote:> Hi,

> I am struggling with a strange bug in either Windows CE or my app (C app).

> The app uses SHCreateMenuBar (minimum call, no specials) to create a menu
> bar.
> This is the first thing it does in the main window's WM_CREATE section.

> This call fails with Last Error = 120 (call not implemented) when the app
is
> called
> by tipping on the executable in file explorer.

> Previous versions of the app did not have that behaviour, although I am
not
> aware of
> any changes I would have made, and it is the first call anyway.

> Did anyone ever have a similar experience?

> Michaela

1. Calling connect "LocalHost" causes the process to get "Stuck"

I wrote a simple ActiveX dll which connects to the WM Server running on the
same machine, and returns the
number of clients currently connected.
The Code of the dll looks like this:

Public Function CheckUsers() As Long
Dim o As Object
Set o = CreateObject("NsoAdminControl.NsoAdminControl.1")
Call o.Connect("LocalHost")
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
    CheckUsers = -8
    Set o = Nothing
    Exit Function
End If
CheckUsers = o.Clients.Count
Set o = Nothing
End Function

When I call this function from asp, it sometimes works, and sometimes gets
stuck until the script reaches timeout (90 seconds).
The server is win 2000.

What could be the reason of this?

Moshe.

2. scanner hp 5100 c, in win2000

3. Opening Attachments

4. Error while calling "Dlllnstall" in "inetcpl.cpl"

5. why it's slowly to connect to my intranet?

6. "Shared Documents" now called just "Documents"

7. Megashock Software

8. Log of phone calls / "ATDT 911" instead of "ATDT ###".

9. NT 4.0 whit another programm called "go" doesn't take "?,ΓΌ,?"

10. Excel; "Call to undefined Dynalink" error after "cleaning house".

11. "remote procedure call failed"

12. "The System Call Level is Not Correct; Drive"N":\ is not Accessible