ddraw.lib question

Post by Step » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:36:12

Hi all,

I am having problems linking the ddraw.lib into my
project.  I am using eMbedded Visual C++ and am trying to
get this to run on the emulator.  I have installed DirectX
and have included the lib in my project, but I still get
unresolved external errors when I link.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ddraw.lib question

Post by Louis Clausen [MS » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:22:41

Could you tell us what the unresolved symbols are?

One thing you might try: instead of using ddraw.lib as a target lib, use
dxguid.lib. Also, try adding uuid.lib to your target libs.

--
Louis Clausen
Test Developer - Windows CE Multimedia

Quote:> Hi all,

> I am having problems linking the ddraw.lib into my
> project.  I am using eMbedded Visual C++ and am trying to
> get this to run on the emulator.  I have installed DirectX
> and have included the lib in my project, but I still get
> unresolved external errors when I link.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks.

1. Error 80004005 using DDRAW.LIB in an MFC ActiveX control

I am unable to get DDRAW.LIB to work within an MFC ActiveX control.
I can build the control with no errors, but when I attempt to add an
instance of the control on a VB form, I get the following error from VB:

System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259) Unspecified error

This error is easy to reproduce on my system. Simply create an MFC ActiveX
control with AppWizard (using all default options) and include the
DDRAW.LIB in the link options.  This error will occur with absolutely no
customizations in the resulting wizard code!

This is the configuration that I am running:
    * Visual C++ 5.0
    * Visual Basic 5.0
    * DirectX 3.0 SDK
    * Win95 OSR2 (4.00.950 B)
       (all obtained from Jan97 MSDN)

Stepping thru the OCX creation process I saw that the error was occurring
somewhere in the framework or system code after InitInstance but before the
control's constructor is executed.  Unfortunately, that is as far as I
could get since I did not have a debugging version of the offending code.

I am stuck-- the error message is not helpful, and I cannot seem to alter
any of the variables since the problem occurs so early on.

Does anyone have any information on this problem?  Does this problem occur
on other configurations besides the one I listed? Is there a work-around?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. *Modem User?*

3. Difficulty dialing out when connected to network

4. Strmbase.lib Strmiids.lib amstrmid.lib DX 8.0 link error

5. Need Help using LanManger, TCP/IP and PPP

6. Does anyone use the sample lib of genprofile.lib?

7. Numerous sites on 4.0

8. Need strmbasd.lib and strmbased.lib from DirectX Media SDK

9. Using quartz.lib and strmbase.lib in OCX

10. StrmBase.lib, Strmbasd.lib

11. What is different between strmbase.lib strmbasd.lib??

12. EMUL.lib & GPE.lib