Database API problem

Post by F. C » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:12:46

At each time I want to open my database file in the object store I receive
an ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER error number using the GetLastError() function. I
know the database was created successfully the first time.

I open the database with the CeOpenDatabaseEx function with the following
arguments:
CeOpenDatabaseEx (&m_guid, &m_oidDB, m_szDBName,  propid, 0, &m_crequest);

I'm using the VC++ tools on an IPaq Pocket PC.

Thank you!

Francois Chatillon

Database API problem

Post by Rodney Rushing [MS » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:22:37

Double check your use of the first two parameters.  The initialize of these
tells the OS how to locate the database, and some values won't make sense to
the OS.  Of course, any one of these parameters might actually be invalid.

----------------
Rod Rushing
Microsoft
Windows CE Developer Support

----------------

Quote:> At each time I want to open my database file in the object store I receive
> an ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER error number using the GetLastError() function.
> know the database was created successfully the first time.

> I open the database with the CeOpenDatabaseEx function with the following
> arguments:
> CeOpenDatabaseEx (&m_guid, &m_oidDB, m_szDBName,  propid, 0, &m_crequest);

> I'm using the VC++ tools on an IPaq Pocket PC.

> Thank you!

> Francois Chatillon

1. Database API problem

Hi there,

I was trying to search for a record of a database with the
following code:

CEOID           ObjID;
DWORD           RecPos;
CEPROPVAL       Property;

Property.propid = Fld_ID;
Property.wLenData = 0;
Property.wFlags = 0;
Property.val.iVal = 100;

ObjID = CeSeekDatabase(hDB, CEDB_SEEK_VALUEFIRSTEQUAL,
&Property, &RecPos);

When I tried to compile the program, I got the following
error message:

error C2664: 'CeSeekDatabase' : cannot convert parameter 3
from 'struct _CEPROPVAL *' to 'unsigned long'

Should I use the CEPROPVAL struct for the 3rd parameter of
the CeSeekDatabase function?

Any comment is welcome.

Thanks

Jason
.

2. WinINet library

3. API ***URGENT API PROBLEM ***

4. Optical Mouse Trouble

5. How to Backup the Contacts Database、Tasks Database、Appointment Database

6. What's new for win 98, is it worth it?

7. Database API for Media Player 7

8. Skins Favour

9. OE database files API?

10. Is CE3.0 database API thread safe?

11. opensource / free database for wince (with API)

12. Accessing .cdb files using CE database APIs

13. inbox databases, Mail API VC++