CE 3.0 SDK for eMbedded Visual Basic (eMbedded Visual Tools)???

CE 3.0 SDK for eMbedded Visual Basic (eMbedded Visual Tools)???

Post by Ricardo Baron » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:22:56

Hello,

Is there an SDK for version 3.0 of CE that is developed for eMbedded Visual
Tools??

I have installed eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 and it appears the SDK is for
Version
2.11 of Windows CE.  I just purchased a new handheld PC (Jornada) that has
Windows CE 3.0.  I'm wondering if there is a newer SDK for CE 3.0.  I
visited
the mobile developer site at Microsoft and the CE 3.0 SDK's seem to be for
the
CE Toolkit for VB and C++ NOT the eMbedded Visual Tools suite.

Can anyone comment on this please and let me know if there are any
development
issues with using the 2.11 SDK for the 3.0 OS??

Thanks,
Ricardo.

CE 3.0 SDK for eMbedded Visual Basic (eMbedded Visual Tools)???

Post by mike » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:57:04

The SDKs that ou have mentioned are the correct ones for
the embedded tools.  Various ones come with the initial
download and you can select to install them either
initially or later by re-running the setup I think.

In addition there are many others you can add as shown by
the downloads you point at.

You will have a number of problems with writing for ce
2.11 and actually running on ce 3.0 (pocket PC being the
most likely version of this ), but the biggest limitiation
is the lack of functionality you will be restricted by.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,

>Is there an SDK for version 3.0 of CE that is developed
for eMbedded Visual
>Tools??

>I have installed eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 and it appears
the SDK is for
>Version
>2.11 of Windows CE.  I just purchased a new handheld PC
(Jornada) that has
>Windows CE 3.0.  I'm wondering if there is a newer SDK
for CE 3.0.  I
>visited
>the mobile developer site at Microsoft and the CE 3.0

SDK's seem to be for

Quote:>the
>CE Toolkit for VB and C++ NOT the eMbedded Visual Tools
suite.

>Can anyone comment on this please and let me know if
there are any
>development
>issues with using the 2.11 SDK for the 3.0 OS??

>Thanks,
>Ricardo.

>.

CE 3.0 SDK for eMbedded Visual Basic (eMbedded Visual Tools)???

Post by Paul G. Tobe » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 00:06:16

SDKs are device- or, in some cases, platform-specific.  That is, if you are
developing for an H/PC Pro, you need to install the SDK for that platform.
If you are developing for a device which runs Windows CE 3.0, then you need
the SDK for that device.  2.11 is mostly upward compatible with 3.0, but, if
you're writing for a 3.0 machine, use the right SDK!

Paul T.

Quote:> Hello,

> Is there an SDK for version 3.0 of CE that is developed for eMbedded
Visual
> Tools??

> I have installed eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 and it appears the SDK is for
> Version
> 2.11 of Windows CE.  I just purchased a new handheld PC (Jornada) that has
> Windows CE 3.0.  I'm wondering if there is a newer SDK for CE 3.0.  I
> visited
> the mobile developer site at Microsoft and the CE 3.0 SDK's seem to be for
> the
> CE Toolkit for VB and C++ NOT the eMbedded Visual Tools suite.

> Can anyone comment on this please and let me know if there are any
> development
> issues with using the 2.11 SDK for the 3.0 OS??

> Thanks,
> Ricardo.

1. Using the Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ SDK for Handheld PCs running Windows CE 3.0 (Jornada 3.0)

We have been using the Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ tool kit to
develop applications for the Pocket PC. We have had good success
comiling our applications for the  Compaq using the Pocket PC
configuration of the tool. We also need to compile our applications
for the Jornada 720 which is a Handheld PC running Windows CE 3.0. The
embedded tool has an configuration option for the Hand Held PC running
Windows CE 2.11 - but we don't see one for the Handheld PC option
running Windows CE 3.0. We tried compiling with the Pocket PC setting
but that didn't work - does anyone know whether there is an update to
the Tools for the H/PC 3.0 version or another way to get it to compile
for the Jornada 720

Thanks

Abie Reifer

2. Does anyone have the old Windows 3.1 forsale?

3. No access to CE from within eMbedded Visual Basic 3.0

4. Media Player GPFs. Help!!!

5. eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 does not install Pocket PC SDK in w2k

6. hi

7. Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 & Windows CE

8. HP PSC 500 install problem

9. Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 Development for a B&W PPC (Windows CE 2.1) Possible?

10. No access to CE from within eMbedded Visual Basic 3.0

11. Urgently need emBedded Visual Tools 3.0 SDK

12. Problem with eMbedded visual tools 3.0, no problem with CE toolkit

13. embedded Visual Tools for Windows CE 3.0