runtime reprogramming of Flash

Post by Michel Pinto » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
We are supporting runtime reprogramming of Flash on our board, which
means I need to be able to copy a specific section of code (the
reprogramming algorithm) into DRAM from Flash and execute it. (Our Flash
does not support simultaneous reprogram and execution.) I am using
CE2.11 and targeted at the MPC821 processor.  My question is:
1. how do I identify the code that I want to copy? that is how can I
know the location and size of the code segment(s) in Flash so that I can
copy them into Dram?

Typically, compiler and/or linker/loader options are used to uniquely
identify the code segments and where they will be linked, but I haven't
seen that with the clppc compiler and linker (or at least not yet!).  Do
I need to massage the bib file, also (I already know how to save off a
special portion of Dram)?

Thanks for any and all help,
Michel
_________________________
Michel Pinton
Sr Principal S/W Engineer
Sensormatic ACD

  michel_pinton.vcf
< 1K Download

[...]

1. runtine reprogramming of Flash

[...]

2. Print screen not working

3. hacker reprogrammed error messages to direct to their website

4. Is there a problem specific to Packard Bell and WIN-95?

5. Microsoft reprogramming you network to time disconnect

6. reading html

7. Ho0w does one reprogram the 'Internet' key to open some other URL ?

8. Windows & IE Performance Slow

9. Reprogramming of WinCE on Compaq Aero

10. Reprogramming app keys on a Mobilon?

11. Reprogramming NN4.05 keystrokes

12. Reprogramming Phenom Hard Icons??

13. Program launcher app that reprograms buttons