Licencse Binary Image tool

Post by Shane Tangen [MS » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:16:35

The only way to put a PID into an image is to use PB to stamp the .bin file
and then use CVRTBIN.EXE to convert the .bin to a .nb0 file.

      C:\release>cvrtbin -r -a image_start -w 32 -l length nk.bin

Shane Tangen
Microsoft Corporation

You assume all risk for your use. Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have been given the product id for our device and asked to stamp the
> binary. But I have two problems with this. Firstly, there is a dialog box
in
> PB to run the tool. Is there a command line utility I can use to stamp the
> image? Secondly this tool stamps the bin file but we use the nb0 file for
> our devices. Can I use this tool on the nb0 or do I have to stamp the bin
> file and then create the nb0 file from it? If it is the second option, do
we
> have any command line tools in PB to go from bin to nb0?

> Cheers
> Danny

Licencse Binary Image tool

Post by Hardware Solution » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:54:54

I am not trying to put it in my image.  I am running
clientside on my target, then I want to run the fsdtst.dll
via tux multiple times on that client.  THe client is
already running what I hope to be my final nk.bin image.
I am successfull at running the test as it is, but only
one pass at a time.  I want to be able to start the test
and have it run for many cycles before generating a test
report (pass or fail).

I hope that explains what I am trying to do a little
better...

Thanks again!

-HSG

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. Microsoft Corporation.
All rights
>reserved.

>> Hi,

>> I have been given the product id for our device and
asked to stamp the
>> binary. But I have two problems with this. Firstly,

there is a dialog box
Quote:>in
>> PB to run the tool. Is there a command line utility I

can use to stamp the
Quote:>> image? Secondly this tool stamps the bin file but we

use the nb0 file for
Quote:>> our devices. Can I use this tool on the nb0 or do I

have to stamp the bin

Quote:>> file and then create the nb0 file from it? If it is the
second option, do
>we
>> have any command line tools in PB to go from bin to nb0?

>> Cheers
>> Danny

>.

Licencse Binary Image tool

Post by Hardware Solution » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:59:45

oops - - sorry, posted reply to wrong post!

> [...]

1. Licencse Binary Image tool

Hi,

I have been given the product id for our device and asked to stamp the
binary. But I have two problems with this. Firstly, there is a dialog box in
PB to run the tool. Is there a command line utility I can use to stamp the
image? Secondly this tool stamps the bin file but we use the nb0 file for
our devices. Can I use this tool on the nb0 or do I have to stamp the bin
file and then create the nb0 file from it? If it is the second option, do we
have any command line tools in PB to go from bin to nb0?

Cheers
Danny

2. Modem problems...

3. Tool To Compare NT Binary Images

4. Whats up with the spam

5. file not found

6. win32 version 1.30

7. Image viewer for plain binary images

8. QUERY: Functional Binaries of Various GNU Tools

9. Troubleshooting tool for PE binaries

10. Anyone knows where to find the Apache "ab" tool, Win32 binary ?

11. - Binary Uploads to Non-Binary Newsgroups