How do I keep a dialog box from hiding the menu

How do I keep a dialog box from hiding the menu

Post by Gene Chan » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:18:20

I have a form based application.  When the user selects a menu option, I
have a new modal dialog pop-up to ask the user to enter some info.  How
do I prevent the new dialog box from hiding the menu bar?

Thanks.

Gene Chang

How do I keep a dialog box from hiding the menu

Post by r_z_are » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:12:57

For Windows CE, the menu is a separate window that takes up space in
the client area of its parent's window. So when you open up a new
window (including a dialog box), you must size the popup
appropriately.

I use C++ without MFC, and gather you are use eVB. But the following
should help. In my WM_INITDIALOG handler for popups, I get the client
area for the parent's window, then decrease the height (and increase
the "top") by the height of the menu window, and use the result to set
the size of the popup. I'm pretty sure I use GetClientWindowRect and
GetWindowRect to get these dimensions. I know I use MoveWindow to set
the dimensions.

Quote:>I have a form based application.  When the user selects a menu option, I
>have a new modal dialog pop-up to ask the user to enter some info.  How
>do I prevent the new dialog box from hiding the menu bar?

>Thanks.

>Gene Chang

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
46 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111
www.penfact.com

1. Resizing dialog Box or Elastic control tool for Dialog Boxes.

Hi
        I desperately need an elastic control tools/classes for my dialog boxes.
I'm compiling my application with UNICODE. Are there any product like this
available on the market ? I need them for Visual C++ 4.2 or higher.

Please help me
Aparna
--
Software Moguls Inc

URL :http://www.moguls.com

2. CanoScan D66OU won't work with xp.

3. Start 2nd DOS box from a DOS box?

4. right click options--HELP!

5. message boxes hide behind dialogs and freeze app

6. Hard drive

7. Creating a Hidden Dialog Box

8. Netscape CoolTalk

9. How do I create an initially hidden, modal dialog box?

10. Hiding an MFC Dialog Box Question

11. Is it possible to hide a main window Dialog Box?

12. How to hide a dialog box with ShowWindow?

13. Netscape hides print dialog box