How to set up registry before calling ActivateDevice()

How to set up registry before calling ActivateDevice()

Post by Dmitri Moukhin » Thu, 10 May 2001 01:58:10

Hello,
I'm having problem calling ActivateDevice().
My device is just a modem with a specific baud rate, flow control and
initialization setting and I like to have it listed in devices drop down
list under Settings->Connections->New Connection->Select a modem. I'm trying
to create registry entry and call ActivateDevice() on it but it always
returns me 0. Please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\MyModem]
"DeviceType"=dword:1
"Port"="COM1:"
"FriendlyName"="My modem on COM1"
"DevConfig"=hex:10,00,00,00,3c,00,00,00,10,01,00,00,00,96,00,00,00,00,08,00,
00,00,00
"Dll"="Serial.dll"
"Tsp"="Unimodem.dll"
"Prefix"="COM"

I'm running it on iPAQ H3600.

Thank you in advance,
Dmitri.

1. How to set up registry before calling ActivateDevice()?

Hello,
I'm having problem calling ActivateDevice().
My device is just a modem with a specific baud rate, flow control and
initialization setting and I like to have it listed in devices drop down
list under Settings->Connections->New Connection->Select a modem. I'm trying
to create registry entry and call ActivateDevice() on it but it always
return me 0. Please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\MyModem]
"DeviceType"=dword:1
"Port"="COM1:"
"FriendlyName"="My modem on COM1"
"DevConfig"=hex:10,00,00,00,3c,00,00,00,10,01,00,00,00,96,00,00,00,00,08,00,
00,00,00
"Dll"="Serial.dll"
"Tsp"="Unimodem.dll"
"Prefix"="COM"

I'm running it on iPAQ H3600.

Thank you in advance,
Dmitri.

2. How do i set the jumper?

3. Debugging hangs after a ActivateDevice call

4. about AOL Messenger API and Yahoo Messenger API??

5. Setting Primary and Secondary PC set-ups for e-mail

6. Command Button Background in eVB

7. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

8. NVidia GeForce2 Video Card Owners....Install issue.

9. Help Disable registry tools key set in Registry

10. How to set FTP server password through registry setting on CE.NET?

11. pop ups hang calling page

12. Ignor call pop ups arghhh