Fonts on CE

Post by MootPoin » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:39:20

I created an NK.bin for my platform but have run into a couple issues:

1) I have not been able to create a bootable Compact Flash. Funny thing
is...I have created a bootable CDROM with my build (from a CF nonetheless)
and it works. I have tried DOS <format /s>, Linux mkfs. The unit boots my
Linux CF no problem.

2) My build did not have any fonts show up. This may have been because I was
using a VGA display and not QVGA LCD display (not sure though).

3) I have a Real Tek 8139 ethernet device on board and would like to know
how I integrate their DLL into my build.

--
Bill Wimsatt
VP Product Development

www.CorAccess.com

Fonts on CE

Post by Paul G. Tobe » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 06:13:28

If you are using an x86 processor with no hardware floating point support,
you must include fpemul so that you have floating point emulation.
Otherwise, you won't get text display.

Paul T.

> I created an NK.bin for my platform but have run into a couple issues:

> 1) I have not been able to create a bootable Compact Flash. Funny thing
> is...I have created a bootable CDROM with my build (from a CF nonetheless)
> and it works. I have tried DOS <format /s>, Linux mkfs. The unit boots my
> Linux CF no problem.

> 2) My build did not have any fonts show up. This may have been because I
was
> using a VGA display and not QVGA LCD display (not sure though).

> 3) I have a Real Tek 8139 ethernet device on board and would like to know
> how I integrate their DLL into my build.

> --
> Bill Wimsatt
> VP Product Development
> CorAccess Systems
> 2525 15th # 1B
> Denver, CO 80211
> 303.477.7757 (o)
> 720 480 2985 (c)
> 303.477.7773 (fx)

> www.CorAccess.com

Fonts on CE

Post by MootPoin » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:16:53

How do I include the fpemul.lib into my build?

--
Bill Wimsatt
VP Product Development

www.CorAccess.com

> If you are using an x86 processor with no hardware floating point support,
> you must include fpemul so that you have floating point emulation.
> Otherwise, you won't get text display.

> Paul T.

> > I created an NK.bin for my platform but have run into a couple issues:

> > 1) I have not been able to create a bootable Compact Flash. Funny thing
> > is...I have created a bootable CDROM with my build (from a CF
nonetheless)
> > and it works. I have tried DOS <format /s>, Linux mkfs. The unit boots
my
> > Linux CF no problem.

> > 2) My build did not have any fonts show up. This may have been because I
> was
> > using a VGA display and not QVGA LCD display (not sure though).

> > 3) I have a Real Tek 8139 ethernet device on board and would like to
know
> > how I integrate their DLL into my build.

> > --
> > Bill Wimsatt
> > VP Product Development
> > CorAccess Systems
> > 2525 15th # 1B
> > Denver, CO 80211
> > 303.477.7757 (o)
> > 720 480 2985 (c)
> > 303.477.7773 (fx)

> > www.CorAccess.com

Fonts on CE

Post by Paul G. Tobe » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 02:51:21

Hmmmm.  Pretty new at this?  Edit cesysgen.bat to add the fpemul component
to the list of included modules (to coredll_components).

Paul T.