Debugging IST

Post by Howard Swop » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 06:30:08

PB4.1

I am try to debug some code whos execution is initiated by an interrupt.
However, when running the de* the interrupt doesn't fire.

Is this by design? I seem to remember being able to do this under PB3. What
is the best way to debug this code?

--
Howard Swope
Software Engineer

Debugging IST

Post by eMVP » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:01:37

the Kernel De* in PB is the best way to do that and it works in V4.x as
it did in V3.0

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting

Debugging IST

Post by Howard Swop » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:46:54

For some reason my interrupt is not firing in my debug build. I can set
break points in my driver code and they hit, but any of the code that is
triggered by an interrupt doesn't seem to get called. It works fine in the
release build.

Any ideas???

Quote:> the Kernel De* in PB is the best way to do that and it works in V4.x
as
> it did in V3.0

> --
> Steve Maillet (eMVP)
> Entelechy Consulting
> smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

Debugging IST

Post by eMVP » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:41:36

Sounds like a #ifdef DEBUG problem that is effecting the ISR so that the
event is never triggered for the IST. I'd look at how you set up the ISRs
and then examine the ISR itself and ALL #defines those use to make sure
something isn't bracketed in a #ifndef DEBUG that shouldn't be.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting
smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

1. One IST wait another IST ready?

In WinCE 3.0, if one built-in driver (IST) needs to call an IOCTL
provided by another built-in driver (IST), what's the best way to
achieve this?

Here are the ways I ever think of:
        - Adjust the driver load order specified in platform.reg
        - Use flag

Are there any other better ways?

Thanks very much for your comments !

2. TGTSoft Style XP - freeware patch - did I do it right?

3. Debug or not to debug

4. WinPE

5. how to debug or check system files ??theres no debug...

6. Will some kind soul help an idiot with installing SOCKS.CSTC.4.2 on NeXT & PC ?????

7. How to debug device driver without debug version image?

8. Want to reboot killing all connections

9. eVt Debugging using Debug Ethernet Card

10. PB4.2 - Empty "Debug Zones" window in debug mode...

11. Dev studio hides Debug Tab while debugging

12. Where ist the SAVE-AS-button ?

13. Ms DV codec, Where is ist ?