Is that a bug in PlatformBuilder 4.0 debugger: can not display unicode string properly

Is that a bug in PlatformBuilder 4.0 debugger: can not display unicode string properly

Post by rupe » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 00:46:36

Hi,
I was debugging a japanese application for wince.net japanese build. In my
host system windows 2000, I enabled japanese input local, so that I can
visualize japanese string. For a widecharacter string variable, if I put my
mouse cursor, on tool tip I can see the Japanese string. But in my variable
window, I see junk characters (not japanese character). By the way I have
enabled "display unicode string" from tools -> options -> debug menu. Just
to ensure, in my watch window of the platform builder de*, after the
unicode string I tried to use "su" option.

In the same host system (windows 2000), if I use VC++ 6.0, and debug japanse
application, I can see unicode string successfully (I enabled "display
unicode string", and use "su" option for watch window).

Is there any info I am missing, or anybody has info about this issue.

regards
rupen
macromedia

1. WideCharToMultiByte not converting UNICODE string to ASCII String

DWORD written;
SYSTEMTIME now;
Hi all,

    I am using WinCE 4.0.  I am trying to write the SystemTime to a
text file (file.log).  I can get the systemtime no problem.  But, when
I look at it it is in UNICODE (i.e. 1 / 13 / 2003 9 : 05 ).  I want to
write it to the file in ASCII to avoid the spaces.  However, the code
below doesn't work.  The converted string is empty or is '???????'.
Help?  What am I doing wrong?
Also, are there any good references on working with strings?  They are
a little overwhelming to deal with in c++.

Code:

WCHAR wchBuf[30];
TCHAR tBuf[MAX_PATH];
DWORD bufLen;

// Get the current system time to write as part of the message
GetSystemTime(&now);
swprintf(wchBuf, TEXT("%hu/%hu/%hu %02hu:%02hu - "),
                now.wDay,
                now.wMonth,
                now.wYear,
                now.wHour,
                now.wMinute);

bufLen = ::WideCharToMultiByte  (CP_ACP, 0, wchBuf, -1,
             (LPSTR) tBuf, 0, NULL, NULL);

::WideCharToMultiByte  (CP_ACP, 0, wchBuf, -1,
             (LPSTR) tBuf, bufLen, NULL, NULL);

AfxMessageBox((LPCTSTR)tBuf);

2. XP Ram Use Question Please

3. Embedded VC++ 4.0 Debugger not working properly

4. programs

5. How can I convert from a Unicode string to a ANSI string?

6. new primary HD with partition

7. SCSI

8. How to convert UNICODE string to ASCII string

9. How can I convert from a Unicode string to a ANSI string?

10. How can I convert a Unicode string to a UTF-8 string

11. How to convert unicode string to ascii string

12. Converting UNICODE string to ANSI string.