Problem with eMbedded visual tools 3.0, no problem with CE toolkit

Problem with eMbedded visual tools 3.0, no problem with CE toolkit

Post by Me » Wed, 16 May 2001 01:58:48

I'm having some problems using the 3.0 visual tools with an Itronix 5200 HPC
Pro, however these tools work fine with my Journada.  On the other hand the
CE toolkit that integrates into VB6.0 works fine with both, so it looks like
its specifically a problem with the 3.0 eMbedded visual tools.

I had an application that wouldnt run so I basically wrote a hello world app
and tried to install it to the Itronix.  It worked fine.  Then I added a
control and immediately problems arose (it still worked fine with the
Journada).

on the journada, the presence of vb runtime files
on target is verified and they are downloaded if necessary, various DLLs are
verified /downloaded, controls are downloaded and registered if necessary,
and the .vb project is downloaded and automatically executed.

On the Itronix,  it looks like only the .vb is downloaded - verification /
downloading of the other files doesn't happen, nor does the program
automatically execute.  When run directly by the touch-screen on the target
Itronix, only the most simple program executes properly, I expect because
supporting files and/or control registrations haven't been taken care of on
the target.

Any ideas?  MS knowledgebase was useless and I saw nothing like this
searching deja.com.  Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Rob

1. Problem with eMbedded visual tools 3.0, no problem with CE toolkit

[...]

2. Slow, slow, slow!

3. CE 3.0 SDK for eMbedded Visual Basic (eMbedded Visual Tools)???

4. Authoring approach

5. Installation problems with PB 3.0 or eMbedded visual Tools 3.0?

6. XP Sucks!!!!

7. Problem installing embedded visual tools 3.0

8. Novell client kills TCP/IP!? HELP!

9. embedded Visual Tools for Windows CE 3.0

10. Problem installing eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0

11. eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 and porting MFC NT to MFC CE ?

12. Does Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 support Windows CE 1.0

13. Embedded Visual Tools 3.0 and CE.NET install on same machine?