compiling program for cmd.exe

Post by Joel Winarsk » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:02:54

I am trying to compile a console application for CE 3.0
or 4.1.

What are the proper base address, entry-point, and stack
allocations settings?

I was using default settings with entry-point changed
to "main", and argc of "main" was not returning proper
value.

Thanks,
Joel Winarske

compiling program for cmd.exe

Post by Sjoerd Bakke » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:57:21

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:02:54 -0800, "Joel Winarske"

>I am trying to compile a console application for CE 3.0
>or 4.1.

>What are the proper base address, entry-point, and stack
>allocations settings?

>I was using default settings with entry-point changed
>to "main", and argc of "main" was not returning proper
>value.

mainACRTStartup seems to work... took me a while to figure out too.

Sjoerd Bakker

compiling program for cmd.exe

Post by Joel Winarsk » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:08:46

Thanks that was it.

Regards,
Joel Winarske

1. Cmd.exe vs. custom shell need to stop Cmd.exe from blocking

I am trying to use a batch file as a custome shell which has two simple
commands in it 1) call cmd.exe 2) call my custom shell (IE in this case).
The idea is the custom shell runs AFTER cmd.exe and owns the UI. If I want
to enter admin mode, the end user would use alt-tab to go to the command
prompt to enter commands. This approach also has the added benefit that if
the custom shell should die, windows would re-invoke the batch file.

Now the problem. It seems that cmd.exe when called within a batch file
blocks. I have tried using various switches on cmd.exe and I can't get the
next command in the batch file to execute unless I kill cmd.exe (kicked off
as the first command). DOes anyone know how to kick off a command prompt
from a batch file? I really don't want to write code to do this.

Thanks,
Gene

2. Installation of Windows 95

3. cmd.exe "how do I get rid of this program?"

4. Compatibility

5. Legacy DOS program leaving an open cmd.exe window on closing.

6. Netscape GPF Crashes

7. SP1 - cmd.exe and other cmd-line apps won't run after install

8. Files not appearing in folders but not lost

9. MS4.1 and cmd.exe & root.exe

10. CMD.exe runs when I hit Back Button in IE6

11. HowTo: Set environment for CMD.EXE

12. cmd.exe problems

13. cmd.exe